Gaming Laptop

rf9661

Hello!

I'm looking into purchasing a new laptop. I have no budget but looking into the $1000~$1500. I'm currently looking at the Asus ROG GL552VW or GL752VW. I dont want a 10lbs laptop either. It will be my on the go laptop that will be used for school work, light gaming when away from my main machine, and lots of YouTube. Let me know! 

Regards,

Richard

Either of those are good choices for light gaming.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

Just now, Gamessys said:

Either of those are good choices for light gaming.

I'm looking for something a bit newer though. I'm going to be buying early to mid December so something a bit newer would be great!

Also, I dont need an Optical/CD Drive.

Just now, rf9661 said:

I'm looking for something a bit newer though. I'm going to be buying early to mid December so something a bit newer would be great!

Then look for something with a 1060 in it.  Not really into laptops so idk specific ones but it's something to search for.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

Just now, Franpadi said:

the razer blade?

I was very interested in it for some time, but no SD card. Ultimate turn off for my DSLR.

You should look for 1060 or 1070 laptops. Would perform better than a 960m for the same price

I own a GL752VW and can say it is an extremely useful laptop both in it's gaming capabilities, and its day to day uses for browsing the web, writing documents and everything else.  This has been a massive life saver for me over the past few months too.  Let me know if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them as a current owner of the laptop!

I Should go with THE asus cause that is a much stronger laptop 

watch out with The cheap MSI laptops they can be tricky like:

1.too hot

2. Tricky motherboard

3. THE grapicscard getting too hot or not working properly

Also look for the hp omen

Edited by Frosty!

Just now, Frosty! said:

I Should go with THE asus cause that is a much stronger laptop 

watch out with The cheap MSI laptops they can be tricky like:

1.too hot

2. Tricky motherboard

3. THE grapicscard getting too hot or not working properly

Yea, I'm not the biggest fan of MSI... I dont know why though.

3 minutes ago, Danboy360 said:

I own a GL752VW and can say it is an extremely useful laptop both in it's gaming capabilities, and its day to day uses for browsing the web, writing documents and everything else.  This has been a massive life saver for me over the past few months too.  Let me know if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them as a current owner of the laptop!

When did you buy it? Do you know when it was released or when/if theyll release a new one this year? Also, I would probably get the one with the SSD.

Also i shouldnt go with The razer blade it are high end laptops but 1 bump on the Floor or else ends up in a broken blade

Also for the asus And hp omen are many options like i7/i5 or better grapicscard 

1 minute ago, rf9661 said:

When did you buy it? Do you know when it was released or when/if theyll release a new one this year?

I bought it back in May, as far as I know it's a 2015 model, but from what I have seen, have no future models, atleast until the new processors will be released.  In terms of the weight as you asked earlier, it is a sizeable and heavy unit, but for it's size, I wouldn't say it is abnormally heavy, or more so than something like a HP Envy.  In terms of battery life, if you're going to be on the go with it, it's only got an hour or so on battery due to it's high consumption, but if you're gaming you probably will want it on charge anyway!

Just now, Danboy360 said:

I bought it back in May, as far as I know it's a 2015 model, but from what I have seen, have no future models, atleast until the new processors will be released.  In terms of the weight as you asked earlier, it is a sizeable and heavy unit, but for it's size, I wouldn't say it is abnormally heavy, or more so than something like a HP Envy.  In terms of battery life, if you're going to be on the go with it, it's only got an hour or so on battery due to it's high consumption, but if you're gaming you probably will want it on charge anyway!

1 hour, on multitasking with programs like Word?

Just now, rf9661 said:

1 hour, on multitasking with programs like Word?

If you're going to be doing things like Word, you're looking at double that, brightness down, power saving on.  

Btw also look for Y700 from lenovo  it sounds Mabye like a shitty brand but trust me they are high end laptops en solid AF

Just now, Frosty! said:

Btw also look for Y700 from lenovo  it sounds Mabye like a shitty brand but trust me they are high end laptops en solid AF

Pretty good specs, but pretty ugly in my opinion. My laptops and tech are also a fashion statement. Thanks though!

Just now, rf9661 said:

Pretty good specs, but pretty ugly in my opinion. My laptops and tech are also a fashion statement. Thanks though!

Well...You could always get a Macbook Pro...That's what I got. It's got me through college and some light gaming,

I want Some fashion stick Some stickers on it xD

most of the high end laptops i know are not Mothers best but you get it 

if it is realy a fashion thing you schould go with razer, hp or MSI

other brands not realy good looking but veru reliable

Just now, Russboy360 said:

Well...You could always get a Macbook Pro...That's what I got. It's got me through college and some light gaming,

I love macOS and Apple's support, it was my first option but from experience Macs arent the BEST for gaming. :( Dissapointing

2 minutes ago, Russboy360 said:

I dont think he wants to play minecraft m8

3 minutes ago, Russboy360 said:

Macbooks are terrible for Gaming Russboy360, what a terrible sugestion to give! ;D

Just now, rf9661 said:

I love macOS and Apple's support, it was my first option but from experience Macs arent the BEST for gaming. :( Dissapointing

You're right there, the support is really good. With the gaming, I play things like Minecraft, LoL, Batman Arkham City, World of Tanks and a few other random steam games. And I have the Macbook Pro without the dGPU