Need Advice: Rackmountable Server Case

I am working on converting my sister's college rig to a server to use as a media server. It will distribute 96KHz/24bit music files to several HiFi systems, as well as sonos and possibly HD video in the future.

The parts that will be reused are: Intel i5 3570k, Asus P8Z77-V, G skill ram ddr3 (8gb), 120GB SSD, Antec H2O 620 (if it fits), Corsair cx430 (unless i need more power).

I need to purchase a rack-mountable server case (AV Rack), with a max front rail to rear rail depth of 22" (excluding front handles and rear cables). I would like either a 3u or 4u case that will allow me to use as much hardware from my sisters rig as possible. I would like the ability to run up to 8x 3.5" HDDs, and 1 SSD (for OS). I would like to have Hot Swap bays (either added, or includedwith the case) available for all of my 8x 3.5" HDDs..

I will probably add a 4x Gigabit network card, extra ram (why not its cheap), WD or Seagate NAS Drives (for storage), and a raid card.

I would like to keep the case price down as much as possible (So I can put the money towards HDD's). Any recommendations, this is my first server build.

1 minute ago, Darrenl81 said:

Go to your local stores if they are going under renovation and see what you can score. It is likely it will need to be cleaned.

I do not have local computer stores available for this. I need to purchase a case online.

you can get away with 2U rackmounts that are inexpensive. I use them for my cluster to cram high end desktops into them. You will need PCIe risers for the cards (unless you use half height) and if you plan to use ATX PSU you're looking at seasonic 600W PSU with rear fan. Some come with hot swap bays while some just have the bays for you to add them like the hotswap bay shown above.