Tablet recommendations?

AndThenThereWas1

Im looking to get a tablet for filling out PCRs during an internship program im doing. First an foremost i need one that has an attachable keyboard i can buy. Being able to attach a mouse would also be a plus. Preferably it should be at least 10inches and i do plan to use it for other things like movies and web browsing. Im in the US in CA. My price range around $200-300 and this includes used tablets. Any recommendations?

Ive looked at some tablets, but with all the choices its hard to figure out which ones are good. I do care about things like the availability of apps and the speed. I cant stand devices that take a long time to load an app.

Idea of some of the prices around me(from craigslist)

Nexus 10 is about $300

ASUS Transformer TF700T 32GB is also about $300

I have a Nexus 10 and I believe its the best tablet to get. If you want something smaller then get a Nexus 7.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Razer Edge. :)))) 

I kid! get an iPad 2. 

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

dont get the iShit, something like a nexus 10, or perhaps an ultrabook if you arent on strict budget( waaay better experience than a tablet)

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

So far there are 3 votes for the nexus 10, 1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, and 1 for the ipad(i assume its a joke because...).

The nexus 10 is looking pretty good.

dont get the iShit, something like a nexus 10, or perhaps an ultrabook if you arent on strict budget( waaay better experience than a tablet)

I dont want a ultrabook/notebook/laptop because at the $300 range, with all the windows programs, they tend to be annoyingly slow. Ive noticed that tablets tend to do a bit better as they run an os better suited for their speed. Plus it would be pretty hard to find one without windows 8 :)

sony xperia z tablet, samsung galaxy note 10.1, nexus 10 or ipad 4/5....

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

So far there are 3 votes for the nexus 10, 1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, and 1 for the ipad(i assume its a joke because...).

The nexus 10 is looking pretty good.

I dont want a ultrabook/notebook/laptop because at the $300 range, with all the windows programs, they tend to be annoyingly slow. Ive noticed that tablets tend to do a bit better as they run an os better suited for their speed. Plus it would be pretty hard to find one without windows 8 :)

i didint think of an ultrabook in a $300 range; a maximum budget was never given so i assumed you could spend more; i was thinking along the lines of lenovo yoga 11.6 which is $417 on amazon

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

• 2 weeks later...

Nexus 10 is awesome. The transformer is not bad either.

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

I've got a Nexus 10 and it is awesome, perhaps wait a little though as Google should be releasing the new version soon.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

Microsoft Surface Pro is probably a good choice because it has full windows 8 so you can run about anything you need and they have usb support so pen drives are able to be plugged in

Here is a cheap one on ebay: http://bit.ly/16WuPqL

Microsoft Surface Pro is probably a good choice because it has full windows 8 so you can run about anything you need and they have usb support so pen drives are able to be plugged in

Here is a cheap one on ebay: http://bit.ly/16WuPqL

The OP said his budget is around $200 to $300.

Personally, I would recommend a Galaxy Note 10.1. The Nexus 10 has a wonderfully detailed screen, but I find it lacks colour and brightness. It also is impossible to make out when used outside in moderate sunshine.

The Note 10.1's screen is really quite underappreciated. It's not the highest resolution (1280x800), but it is bright and has excellent colour reproduction. It also works well with bluetooth keyboards from my experience so far, as it has never dropped signal and there is no noticeable latency issues.

I'm fairly certain you can buy them for sub $300, especially now that it has a successor. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

The OP said his budget is around $200 to $300.

Personally, I would recommend a Galaxy Note 10.1. The Nexus 10 has a wonderfully detailed screen, but I find it lacks colour and brightness. It also is impossible to make out when used outside in moderate sunshine.

The Note 10.1's screen is really quite underappreciated. It's not the highest resolution (1280x800), but it is bright and has excellent colour reproduction. It also works well with bluetooth keyboards from my experience so far, as it has never dropped signal and there is no noticeable latency issues.

I'm fairly certain you can buy them for sub $300, especially now that it has a successor. :)

Agreed.

iPad 2 if you like iOS, Galaxy Tab 10.1 if you want a nice screen, and the Nexus 10 if you want the overall best experience (in my opinion, since stock Android is nice and clean).

And:

Someone is really butthurt about Apple.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Does anyone have experience with Lenovo tablets? They have really cheap tablets that look decent. I haven't actually used any of them so I cannot say.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ