Arc Mini R2 water cooling

Darkmatter35

I'm currently planning a mAtx system for my next computer. Going to be running a X99 cpu and a 1080ti once they release it. I had a really nice idea today for a cool radiator setup. I love Fractal's cases but I think they are missing the ball here on their matx lineup. Considering that the Define mini matx is really old and doesn't support adequate water cooling I think I will be looking into the Arc Mini R2; unless they surprise me with another case release. Anyways I was looking at some screenshots of the top panel of the Arc and it looks to me that you could squeeze a 420mm radiator up there. If it could be done I would also look into modding the front mounts to fit dual 140mm fans but just for intake and not for rad space. If anyone has any insight about this or knows anyone that has attempted this sort of mod please let me know in the comments. Let me know what you guys think! 

Taken from the website:

Water cooling compatibility:

• Front – 240mm radiator (thick and slim) when HDD cages are removed, radiator cannot exceed 275mm in total length with the ODD bay in place.
  • Top – 240mm or 360mm radiators (thick and slim); the use of 360mm radiators requires removal of the ODD cage.
  • Bottom – 120mm radiators
  • Rear – 120mm radiators

You should take a look at the Define Nano S, thing is pretty much built for water cooling.

I don't have anything witty to say...

Just now, NickLund said:

Taken from the website:

Water cooling compatibility:

• Front – 240mm radiator (thick and slim) when HDD cages are removed, radiator cannot exceed 275mm in total length with the ODD bay in place.
  • Top – 240mm or 360mm radiators (thick and slim); the use of 360mm radiators requires removal of the ODD cage.
  • Bottom – 120mm radiators
  • Rear – 120mm radiators

You should take a look at the Define Nano S, thing is pretty much built for water cooling.

1. Nano S is Itx only

2. Please don't assume that I can't read the product page. I hate this the most about this forum. I am very Mod friendly.

Thank you for the effort

1 minute ago, Darkmatter35 said:

1. Nano S is Itx only

2. Please don't assume that I can't read the product page. I hate this the most about this forum. I am very Mod friendly.

Thank you for the effort

Apologies, didn't realise you wanted to mod the case. I don't think there is a way to squeeze a 420mm radiator in from a glance, but someone might disagree.

I don't have anything witty to say...

Just now, NickLund said:

Apologies, didn't realise you wanted to mod the case. I don't think there is a way to squeeze a 420mm radiator in from a glance, but someone might disagree.

No worries. My thoughts exactly. I hope I can find some more info

• 1 month later...

You've got about 430mm to play with up top.  With some modding, you could stretch it out to 460mm maybe.