Help with choice

paulo97

Hey so im finding it quite hard to chose between the two following options , basically i have 100euros to spend , and i can get one of the following two things.Little things to know

i mostly play 2d games, cs go and older games(just played spec ops the line ) but i want to be able to play some better stuff , my aim is to be able to play with low settings at 30 fps stable .Dont know if im supposed to do this here , but im new to the forum and thought this would be the place to get help

option 1: 

random board,hhd, psu

i3 4130

4gb ddr3

and buy a graphics card later on 

option 2:

random hdd , psu 

Asus P5K SE  

q6600

4gb dd2

gigabyte gtx 660ti

or 750ti 

something around this 

Option 1.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

option 1, the hyperthreading of the i3 will beat the q6600, plus ddr3 is faster than ddr2 so you will most likely see a difference

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Phone | Samsung S10 Lite (128GB + 128GB SD card) |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

You can find the e5 2670 on ebay for about 90 euros if not cheaper. which is an 8 core cpu and much better than the i3

XTREME I7 GRANDIS TRIDENT SUPERNOVA ECLIPSE PC++:

CPU           ✧   i7 6700K  @ 4.5 GHz 1.31 VCore

COOLER   ✧   SilentiumPC Grandis 

MOBO       ✧   MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON 

RAM          ✧   16Gb Trident Z's 3200 MHz

GPU          ✧    Gigabyte GTX 980 ti XTREME

SSD           ✧   Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB

PSU           ✧   EVGA SuperNova G2 650W 

CASE         ✧   Phanteks Eclipse P400S [Black]

Use:

✧ Game designing, Programming, Compiling, 3D rendering and of course Gaming

19 minutes ago, paulo97 said:

Hey so im finding it quite hard to chose between the two following options , basically i have 100euros to spend , and i can get one of the following two things.Little things to know

i mostly play 2d games, cs go and older games(just played spec ops the line ) but i want to be able to play some better stuff , my aim is to be able to play with low settings at 30 fps stable .Dont know if im supposed to do this here , but im new to the forum and thought this would be the place to get help

option 1: 

random board,hhd, psu

i3 4130

4gb ddr3

and buy a graphics card later on 

option 2:

random hdd , psu 

Asus P5K SE  

q6600

4gb dd2

gigabyte gtx 660ti

or 750ti 

something around this 

oh and btw, intergrated graphics over the last few years has got very good and in some instances has beaten cheap gpus, luke made a video about this putting the 6700k vs a cheap gpu

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Phone | Samsung S10 Lite (128GB + 128GB SD card) |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

Neither one of those systems are really going to be doing anything better then csgo, and such, if you are wanting to play better games, 8gb of ram is a minimum now, an i3, or an amd 845 would be the lowest cpu I could recommend, as well as something comparable to a 750ti. 

And never cheap out on a psu most low end psus that say "500w" for example cannot even provide half of that and have a high rate of failure often taking out other components as well.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

4 minutes ago, AdamBGames said:

oh and btw, intergrated graphics over the last few years has got very good and in some instances has beaten cheap gpus, luke made a video about this putting the 6700k vs a cheap gpu

Integrated graphics have only gotten good enough to match a r7 250 range gpu, it is okay for playing minecraft and such at 1080p, but if you want to play anyrhing more intense it will have to be at 720p low settings. And the skylake igpu is far better then the haswell's but if you are going for an igpu AMD's are the ones to look at with its R7 graphics.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

6 minutes ago, Liquid Cooled Human said:

You can find the e5 2670 on ebay for about 90 euros if not cheaper. which is an 8 core cpu and much better than the i3

the i3 is a full desktop , i can get home and its ready to go , if i bought that cpu i have no where to put it and only way later could i get the next piece and start making a pc

7 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

Neither one of those systems are really going to be doing anything better then csgo, and such, if you are wanting to play better games, 8gb of ram is a minimum now, an i3, or an amd 845 would be the lowest cpu I could recommend, as well as something comparable to a 750ti. 

And never cheap out on a psu most low end psus that say "500w" for example cannot even provide half of that and have a high rate of failure often taking out other components as well.

i could maybe get an extra 4gb , its like 15 bucks used 

Just now, paulo97 said:

the i3 is a full desktop , i can get home and its ready to go , if i bought that cpu i have no where to put it and only way later could i get the next piece and start making a pc

Ah, the i3 should be fine but it depends on the games you're going to play.

XTREME I7 GRANDIS TRIDENT SUPERNOVA ECLIPSE PC++:

CPU           ✧   i7 6700K  @ 4.5 GHz 1.31 VCore

COOLER   ✧   SilentiumPC Grandis 

MOBO       ✧   MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON 

RAM          ✧   16Gb Trident Z's 3200 MHz

GPU          ✧    Gigabyte GTX 980 ti XTREME

SSD           ✧   Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB

PSU           ✧   EVGA SuperNova G2 650W 

CASE         ✧   Phanteks Eclipse P400S [Black]

Use:

✧ Game designing, Programming, Compiling, 3D rendering and of course Gaming

Just an update , ended up doing what you guys said , and went with the i3 option