[deleted so ppl dont fucking stalk shit i said years ago]

adam10603
Go to solution Solved by Brooksie359,
1 minute ago, tlink said:

if it is for gaming in general, i would advice a better gpu. unless you can plan to save up for a better gpu in the future, then go with a better cpu. generally the cpu is way harder to upgrade than the gpu.

i would go for the better cpu because it has an affect on more things than just gaming and like you said upgrading a gpu down the line would be much easier and the cpu wouldnt be outdated for awhile were as the gpu would get outdated much faster anyways so chances are the gpu will be replaced down the line anyways

if it is for gaming in general, i would advice a better gpu. unless you can plan to save up for a better gpu in the future, then go with a better cpu. generally the cpu is way harder to upgrade than the gpu.

Generally I recommend a better GPU but in GTA 5, you get around twice the fps just by switching to an i5 over an i3.

Also you don't upgrade the CPU very often. So getting a good one will set you up for years.

Home PC: i5 6402P | Kingston HyperX 8GBx2 | Gigabyte G1 gaming GTX 1060 | Kingston UV400 240GB | WD blue 1TB Gigabyte H110m-S2 Cooler Master B500 v2

Laptop: Lenovo Yoga 710(Kaby Lake)

Phone: Oneplus 3

Tablet: iPad air 2

1 minute ago, tlink said:

i would go for the better cpu because it has an affect on more things than just gaming and like you said upgrading a gpu down the line would be much easier and the cpu wouldnt be outdated for awhile were as the gpu would get outdated much faster anyways so chances are the gpu will be replaced down the line anyways

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

yea but thats why i said if its just for gaming :P but i agree, a better cpu is a safer bet even though a lot of the benefits may not be apparent just yet.

1 minute ago, adam10603 said:

That is true. Although the idea of a 970 or an RX 470 is very tempting :P But I guess I could upgrade that later on

trust me what would happen is you would get the better gpu and then a year down the road it would be outdated already by the next generation of gpu. a 6th gen i5 on the other hand wont be outdated for years to come and wont require any upgrades to stay competitive in gaming.