looking for a white 1070

Jack L.

hello all,

I have been doing a bit of research and have my upgrade list all planed out. the only thing that i am not sure about is the graphics card. I know I want it to be a 1070 but I was wondering which one; aftermarket, ftw, superclocked etc.

the ftw and superclocked are not white and there for will not go along with my planed build very well, but is the increase performance worth the extra cost and slight ugliness? If a standard/aftermarket 1070 is the best way to go, then what are some nice white 1070s. I have found a few but they don't really appeal to me.

the case I want is the white nzxt s340 along with the z97s krait edition; so it is ok if the gpu has some black on it.

I don't know how to paint a gpu but I am always willing to learn new things (as long as there isn't a big risk of breaking the brand new $400+ gpu).

36 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GTX-1070-ARMOR-8G/dp/B01GXOX2BU/ref=sr_1_12?s=pc

Dunno why it's so expensive right now. But that one was pretty much made to go specifically with the Krait boards.

30 minutes ago, Tesel said:

Both of these are great options and so is the Galax but Galax tend to be more expensive for not getting much more. I know the HOF cards can have VRM cooling issues as well due to the power they push through for the high OC's.

I used to have the 980Ti HOF and the HOF cards are big and HEAVY. Make sure you have plenty of structural support for the card.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans