best phone for 400USD or less

Dackzy

So I am looking for the best phone for 400USD or less. I have a Lumia 930 right now, but it is getting a bit old and I need some apps that are only on andriod phones and apple phones.

I need a good camera. I have fairly big hands so no small 4.5inch phones.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

and I don't want a phone that slows down fast, like my LG G2 did.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Honor 8 might be a tiny bit above your budget, but it's really food i mean good.

the oneplus 3 fits that budget. really strong phone. or you could get that other one linus went to china for to that conference. i prefer oneplus though.

Get the One-freaking-Plus 3

That phone is awesome for $399

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

3 minutes ago, SeraphicWings said:

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

360mm+180mm rad and 10 fans | Swiftech D5 mcp655-B

If you're considering mid-range phones too, Asus Zenfone is also good. I have the first gen and it's my first Smartphone. Even when it was a little defective, it's still alive after everyday of falling from the window because of the charger cable and the cats. Had to place it there since phone signal has been bad since a new tall building was built beside us. It's tough and I have been able to be somewhat productive with it. Somehow since Android still need more apps. Camera is good. I take a lot of pictures with it. If you're considering Asus, try the Zenfone Max for longer battery or the Zenfone 3 if you want the latest processor.

Mine is Intel processor. It's good even with mid-range specs and I keep on abusing it everyday for the past 2 years.

If not Asus, go with Samsung. Or Oneplus.

23 minutes ago, paahdin said:

Honor 8 might be a tiny bit above your budget, but it's really food i mean good.

that is 100$ above my budget if I want 64gb, 32gb is a bit on the edge.

21 minutes ago, tlink said:

the oneplus 3 fits that budget. really strong phone. or you could get that other one linus went to china for to that conference. i prefer oneplus though.

13 minutes ago, SeraphicWings said:

9 minutes ago, bughtoo said:

Well how durable is it?

21 minutes ago, Wedsea040 said:

Galaxy S5 is awesome.

I am not going to get a phone that is two gens old.

8 minutes ago, AnnaLVX said:

SNIP

the ZenPhone 3 is sadly not a think in Denmark yet.

I want this phone to last me 2-3 years.

Just now, Dackzy said:

snip

it comes with screen protector i have the Carbon case from OP with it and i dropped it quite a lot of times already, no damage at all so far :) Feels solid in hand since its full Alu body.

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

360mm+180mm rad and 10 fans | Swiftech D5 mcp655-B

Just now, Dackzy said:

- snip -

well we don't know the actual endurance of the phone since it hasn't been out that long. but their version of fast charging is not as taxing on the phone as other fast charging methods. if you really want it to last long than just always charge it at 1 amp and only fastcharge when in an emergency (like it was intended). no phone is going to last long if you drop it often, but oneplus does standardly provide screen protectors on their phone. but i would advice getting a tempered glass one, this one scratches easily and just isnt that nice.

Just now, bughtoo said:

it comes with screen protector i have the Carbon case from OP with it and i dropped it quite a lot of times already, no damage at all so far :) Feels solid in hand since its full Alu body.

that is really nice to know, I am sometimes in a workshop where I need my phone to look up things and take pictures, so it would be really nice if it wasn't like a iPhone where you can basically just look at it and it breaks.

6 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Well how durable is it?

It's very well built, maybe on par with iPhones

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

1 minute ago, tlink said:

well we don't know the actual endurance of the phone since it hasn't been out that long. but their version of fast charging is not as taxing on the phone as other fast charging methods. if you really want it to last long than just always charge it at 1 amp and only fastcharge when in an emergency (like it was intended). no phone is going to last long if you drop it often, but oneplus does standardly provide screen protectors on their phone. but i would advice getting a tempered glass one, this one scratches easily and just isnt that nice.

well it is just so that if I drop it wont break or if it takes a little hit.

it uses corning gorilla glass 4 and an uni body anodized alluminium frame with rounded edges (rounded edges are stronger and less prone to dents than rough edges). i believe the samsung galaxy s7 also uses this. only the note 7 uses a superior version (gorilla glass 5) which is really new.

On 09/12/2016 at 8:27 PM, tlink said:

My Zenfone 5 used to drop from about 2 meters several times a day everyday for more than a year. It's still alive today and I'm using it now. Only thing I have for months since my custom pc rig already died after 10 years. Anyway, the reason I drop it a lot was because a new building blocked the network signals so I had to place it by the window and use it as a hotspot for my PC. I also had to plug in the charger since it was being used as a hotspot. I had new rescued cats so...every time they play, the wind and the cord, pulls down the phone and drops it. This is phone has a slight factory defect with the speakers when I got it but it still lasted me. Bought this August 2014. I only finally got a cheap plaatic jelly protector last month since I chipped the side dropping it almost everyday. But the screen still has no cracks. There's a little scratch recently but I got it from something in my bag and I got tussled commuting in crowds. I also clean this with alcohol every time it feels greasy so several times a day. Only problem is it gets hot but manageable. Also it lasted despite all the abuse and heavy use.

I also only began to start taking care of battery now. Lol.

I don't know about the newer models, but they say it's good. The earphones that came with this was also good. Wish it didn't tangle badly and finally died.

Hope this helps.