Looking for a case with glass panels

EpicNinjaCheese
Go to solution Solved by astrosheen,
1 minute ago, EpicNinjaCheese said:

Hi LTT forums!

It's around that time i need a new case because i am planning on switching to a water-cooled solution for my CPU and my Graphite 320T just doesn't fit the bill, fans being mounted outside the case to fit the rad and all :\

I'm after a case with tempered glass panels and a minimalistic design. I really like the "In Win 805 Infinity RGB" as it looks sleek and will go well with my glass desk but i have looked at a few reviews that all seem to say that airflow is a big no-no in this case, damn.

I really like the layout of the 600c, mainly because it has that panel which opens up on the top of the case to reveal a couple 5.25 inch bays. I also think the inverted layout is weird but i shall not care if the case looks fine.

I do (rarely) use my disk tray and i have a fan controller which mounts in one of those bays as well. I can do without both of these though if needed. 

In the future i plan on doing a full custom CPU + GPU loop so if possible support for two radiators is awesome.

Also i am after an ATX form factor case, don't really mind large cases as i have a lot of room.

I have a 1200W Corsair power supply and a 980ti G1, 3 of the larger HDD's and an SSD, i can swap out a HDD for an SSD if the space is needed, not really worried about money on this one.

Thanks for all your help (in advance ofc)

If you are handy with a Dremel you can put a glass pannel on most cases. I did it with my define r5.

But http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-ATX-TemperedGlass.html

Hi LTT forums!

It's around that time i need a new case because i am planning on switching to a water-cooled solution for my CPU and my Graphite 320T just doesn't fit the bill, fans being mounted outside the case to fit the rad and all :\

I'm after a case with tempered glass panels and a minimalistic design. I really like the "In Win 805 Infinity RGB" as it looks sleek and will go well with my glass desk but i have looked at a few reviews that all seem to say that airflow is a big no-no in this case, damn.

I really like the layout of the 600c, mainly because it has that panel which opens up on the top of the case to reveal a couple 5.25 inch bays. I also think the inverted layout is weird but i shall not care if the case looks fine.

I do (rarely) use my disk tray and i have a fan controller which mounts in one of those bays as well. I can do without both of these though if needed. 

In the future i plan on doing a full custom CPU + GPU loop so if possible support for two radiators is awesome.

Also i am after an ATX form factor case, don't really mind large cases as i have a lot of room.

I have a 1200W Corsair power supply and a 980ti G1, 3 of the larger HDD's and an SSD, i can swap out a HDD for an SSD if the space is needed, not really worried about money on this one.

======================== EDIT ========================

I forgot to mention that i really like the effect on the front of the in win 805 RGB with the mirror tunnel, i am planning on doing this to my desk one day with an LED strip around the outside

Edited by EpicNinjaCheese

Hi LTT forums!

If you are handy with a Dremel you can put a glass pannel on most cases. I did it with my define r5.

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

had a look at the inwin 303?

The Inwin 503 is a pretty damn sexy case and surprisingly cheap for tempered glass 

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

had a look at the inwin 303?

Sadly i have not, although this looks like a really awesome candidate for me. Somehow the design of the case doesnt click for me though, maybe the 805 RGB set the bar too high

2 minutes ago, astrosheen said:

Sadly i am not lol, don't even own one in my house although i will consider that an option. Have you got any photos of your case? I'm rather interested to see how it turned out

Just now, EpicNinjaCheese said:

Sadly i have not, although this looks like a really awesome candidate for me. Somehow the design of the case doesnt click for me though, maybe the 805 RGB set the bar too high

Sadly i am not lol, don't even own one in my house although i will consider that an option. Have you got any photos of your case? I'm rather interested to see how it turned out

i dont have any custom watercooling but:

PMcX8Eg.jpgHFwNsa6g.jpg

nYy2ZR5.jpg

i dont have any custom watercooling but:

Hey that looks pretty good, is that the 303? Only gripe i have is the front panel and the weird latch on the side panel

Just now, TrigrH said:

thats the 303, there is no front panel its all steel?

Yeah thats what i meant, just don't like the look of it somehow. Call me picky if you want :P

Really nice build though, i don't get to see many builds these days. Do you have custom PSU cables?

Yeah thats what i meant, just don't like the look of it somehow. Call me picky if you want :P

Really nice build though, i don't get to see many builds these days. Do you have custom PSU cables?

yeah they are silverstone extensions, ive removed the blue IO plastic:

k0SwiGw.jpg

its actually white LEDS:

f3GKHee.jpg

but ive cut my own red plastic instead. 

12 minutes ago, EpicNinjaCheese said:

Sorry about the lighting but yea.....

2016-09-12 18.48.07.jpg

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

yeah they are silverstone extensions, ive removed the blue IO plastic:

its actually white LEDS:

but ive cut my own red plastic instead. 

I see, i guess the only way to get what i'm looking for is with mods. Who knows, i might even be able to build a front panel that does the same as in win's effect on the front

1 minute ago, astrosheen said:

Sorry about the lighting but yea.....

Very nice looking system you have there, it seems red has become a bit of a trend nowadays which is a shame as i tend to prefer blue or green (yes i own razer stuff and yes that is why i like green lol)

22 minutes ago, NeoSk11zle said:

The Inwin 503 is a pretty damn sexy case and surprisingly cheap for tempered glass 

looks really cool, the sliding glass panel on the front is a really cool idea. I realy don't like the side panel though and as my case will be positioned in such a manner where i will basically only see this side, it won't do. Thanks for your help anyways