Cant boot after Anniversary update.

UnknownSentientBeing

Specs

Problem: Updated to windows 10 anniversary edition. Computer went into a bootloop where no video showed up and it rebooted continuously after about 3 seconds.

Unplugged all storage from mobo, boot still continues, no video. 

Took out cmos battery and put it back in. Still no video or bios.

Unplugged all accessories, no change.

Graphics card lights up, fans spin, but computer doesnt do anything and turns off 3 seconds later.

Im so confused. How could a windows update cause this.....

Notes: Ultra fast boot was enabled on my mobo before this (not sure if that has something to do with it)

Was running f4 bios.

System Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  
Storage: Western Digital Blue 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card  
Case: Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  

Displays: PlayStation® 3D Display (1080p)

Displays: VA1948M (900p)
Case Fan: Corsair CO-9050017-WLED 66.4 CFM  140mm Fan 
Case Fan: Corsair ML120 75.0 CFM  120mm Fans  
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse 

Have you removed the graphics card and just tried the onboard graphics?

Basically reduce the system to basics and build it back up from there.

I've heard of performance drops with the anniversary update and the gtx1070 but not something like this.

9 hours ago, Nixblicker said:

Have you removed the graphics card and just tried the onboard graphics?

Basically reduce the system to basics and build it back up from there.

I've heard of performance drops with the anniversary update and the gtx1070 but not something like this.

Sooo...
Ive now disconnected literally everything from my mobo except the cpu, ram, powersupply and 1 hdmi lead going from the integrated graphics to 1 monitor.

I then plugged out the power cord, turned the psu off, took out the cmos battery, and waited for 2 minutes (1 minute more than the manual said.

Still reacts exactly the same way. Turns on for about 3 seconds, and turns off without output.

System Specs:

Spoiler

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  

If you have a secondary PSU (Power Supply) could you please try this PSU in your system?  This sort of issue can usually be caused by a PSU failing to hold current.  It may just be coincidental that W10 update happened around the same time your PSU was becoming faulty.

11 minutes ago, Timote said:

If you have a secondary PSU (Power Supply) could you please try this PSU in your system?  This sort of issue can usually be caused by a PSU failing to hold current.  It may just be coincidental that W10 update happened around the same time your PSU was becoming faulty.

I actually dont. I did have to replace my first power supply so I guess I could rma it since I still havent, but I will say that everything turned on like it usually does and there have never been any problems with my highly reviewed powersupply.

System Specs:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, UnknownSentientBeing said:

I actually dont. I did have to replace my first power supply so I guess I could rma it since I still havent, but I will say that everything turned on like it usually does and there have never been any problems with my highly reviewed powersupply.

If you are not able to get to a post - as in your BIOS does not show on screen, your computer emits no beeps, and your power to the board is cycling - I would like to rule out the Power Supply as being defective. If you do not have an additional Supply to test then the next logical conclusion is that there may be an issue with the board itself; because there is no post and then a cycling.

Right now it could be PSU or the MoBo.

If you unplug everything leaving only the CPU in the board (and cooler) with the PSU, and you receive a failed post beep or indicator lights on the board, your board may be okay. (Some boards without beeps have indicator lights or 2 digit numbers that indicate the error during post)

If your machine continues to cycle with nothing plugged into the board except the CPU and PSU, then it could still be the PSU or the Board. But believing that the PSU is good, we would say its the Board.  It is possible that the CPU could (but very unlikely) be bad since a board will not post with a bad CPU.

Make sure that you have both connections to the board from the PSU connected such as the connection for the CPU and the 24 pin Board connection. Getting a Failed post will hopefully give us an indication that your board is not the underlying issue. But like I said with a possible bad PSU we won't 100% know.

On my way actually but I remember the problem from beta w10. Try Google something like "Remove Intel driver by cmd or repair console". The step was something like create a boot media with creation tool by Microsoft then boot like you want to do a fresh install. Chose instead cmd input an then 2 or 3 commands to reset Intel driver.

Maybe this is now possible at f8 save modus too. If you find it hive feedback else I will have a look tomorrow when I have more time.

3 hours ago, Timote said:

If you are not able to get to a post - as in your BIOS does not show on screen, your computer emits no beeps, and your power to the board is cycling - I would like to rule out the Power Supply as being defective. If you do not have an additional Supply to test then the next logical conclusion is that there may be an issue with the board itself; because there is no post and then a cycling.

Right now it could be PSU or the MoBo.

If you unplug everything leaving only the CPU in the board (and cooler) with the PSU, and you receive a failed post beep or indicator lights on the board, your board may be okay. (Some boards without beeps have indicator lights or 2 digit numbers that indicate the error during post)

If your machine continues to cycle with nothing plugged into the board except the CPU and PSU, then it could still be the PSU or the Board. But believing that the PSU is good, we would say its the Board.  It is possible that the CPU could (but very unlikely) be bad since a board will not post with a bad CPU.

Make sure that you have both connections to the board from the PSU connected such as the connection for the CPU and the 24 pin Board connection. Getting a Failed post will hopefully give us an indication that your board is not the underlying issue. But like I said with a possible bad PSU we won't 100% know.

Tried a second psu, same issue. I really dont know how it could be the cpu since those rarely  dont work and everything worked perfectly until the update.

System Specs:

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, UnknownSentientBeing said:

Tried a second psu, same issue. I really dont know how it could be the cpu since those rarely  dont work and everything worked perfectly until the update.

CPUs very rarely if ever get damaged unless thermal issues are present. I am not aware of any confirmed issues where a Microsoft update can corrupt a users BIOS, but its possible the BIOS has an issue or the board itself has an issue.  All other things have been removed from the equation.  Since you already attempted to clear the CMOS and reset the Motherboard the only thing I can suggest is that you attempt to flash your BIOS for your particular model. If anyone else has any suggestions on this forum I would be happy to review them and see if we can come to a solution for this problem