High memory usage

For two weeks i started having problems with the use of RAM. In iddle it use about 60% of the RAM, I have 16GB. I checked my RAM with memtest and it's ok. I have analyzed my PC for virus, malware and there is no problem. I also formatted and yet still use 60% of the RAM. Someone has an idea that can happen?

My setup is:

CPU: I7 4790K

RAM:2X8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3

Storage: 1TB HDD

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming

PS: Sorry for my English, i'm not used to writing in English

Are you able to see the processes that are using the most RAM? Also, I would check performance monitor to see what is going on.

Please quote me if you are replying so that I get a notification. Also, mark my answer as "correct" if I've answered your question :)

Check on task manager under performance. How much of it is system reserved?

Chrome? Lol. It's a resource hog. Firefox is much better performance wise and people can hate on it all they want but Edge is by far the best when it comes to resources especially streaming video like Hulu or Netflix, if you have Windows 10 then do netflix through the app.

You made hardware swaps or replaced RAM? Are settings and speeds in bios normal and how they should be?

Anyway check in taskmanger what is using that much RAM, might help to pinpoint certain stuff if it is software.  Still 9-10 GB RAM usage is not normal, even when browsing.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

15 minutes ago, DunePilot said:

Chrome? Lol. It's a resource hog. Firefox is much better performance wise and people can hate on it all they want but Edge is by far the best when it comes to resources especially streaming video like Hulu or Netflix, if you have Windows 10 then do netflix through the app.

Linus dud a video that showed edge was the worse for ram though it updates a lot do might be better.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

I bought the RAM at the same time than CPU and motherboard. The settings in the BIOS are ok. My system recognizes 16GB (15.9 Usable).

Edited by Juanpeache