Looking for a new android phone

Moonzy

so my xperia Z3 is dying... and i need a replacement

i prefer phones that are around 5-inch screen sized

waterproof, usb type-c, quick charge, and/or wireless charging would be better, but all these aren't really necessary

also, less bloatware `-` (so probably no samsung phones)

any recommendations? :D

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

oneplus 3 if wireless charging and waterproofing, isn´t that important to you. Xiami Mi5 is also a great choice and even cheaper if u know how to import it. Note 7 is the only phone i know, that has waterproofing, usb-c and wireless charging

Although the Oneplus 3 is not advertised as "water proof" I've seen some Youtube videos that test that it is water resistant in about a toilet bowl deep of water. Wireless charging would be nice but I prefer to use dash charging since its very quick and keeps your phone cool while charging which will save some battery wear and tear.

If you are happy with the Xperia family, you could go for an M4 Aqua. 5 inch display and "Waterproof and dust tight (IP65 and IP68)" according to Sony.

Just now, Vadise said:

If you are happy with the Xperia family, you could go for an M4 Aqua. 5 inch display and "Waterproof and dust tight (IP65 and IP68)" according to Sony.

feel like changing away from xperia, since my z1 and z3 share the same issue, the touchscreen is broken `-`

24 minutes ago, lh99 said:

oneplus 3 if wireless charging and waterproofing, isn´t that important to you. Xiami Mi5 is also a great choice and even cheaper if u know how to import it. Note 7 is the only phone i know, that has waterproofing, usb-c and wireless charging

does the note 7 come with a bunch of bloatwares though?

i think it's too big for me to use with one hand, i like to swipe the keyboard with one thumb to type, so the phone must be small

19 minutes ago, Linx105 said:

Although the Oneplus 3 is not advertised as "water proof" I've seen some Youtube videos that test that it is water resistant in about a toilet bowl deep of water. Wireless charging would be nice but I prefer to use dash charging since its very quick and keeps your phone cool while charging which will save some battery wear and tear.

i'll put OP3 into my consideration, was thinking about it before posting this thread anyways :D

3 minutes ago, Jonnyswboy said:

Wait for the new Google Pixel and Pixel XL. They are the new Nexus phones. Pre-orders are rumored to start October 4th.

nexus phones eh... never used one, are they good?

Hmm.. There is the MotoG and MotoX that also are waterRESISTANT and have decent sized screens. But I personally am not a big fan of Motorola, more a BlackBerry person. And Samsungs, you could remove their bloatware if you root them or put cyanogenmod in them, although that may void your warranty.

8 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

i'll put OP3 into my consideration, was thinking about it before posting this thread anyways

If you do go for the OP3 get one of the case/USB-C cable bundles. Pretty slippery phone without a case and it gets rid of your camera bump also the extra cable helps build your USB-C collection. Don't bother getting a screen protector since the phones come pre-installed with one, unless you want to upgrade to tempered glass.

10 hours ago, Vadise said:

Hmm.. There is the MotoG and MotoX that also are waterRESISTANT and have decent sized screens. But I personally am not a big fan of Motorola, more a BlackBerry person. And Samsungs, you could remove their bloatware if you root them or put cyanogenmod in them, although that may void your warranty.

i dont plan on rooting my phones, so im probably stuck with those bloatwares lol

hmm... not sure if motorola and BB makes good smartphones though...

i probably need something slightly tanky since all my phones died due to hardware damage

The HTC 10 might be worth a gander, it has a pretty clean version of android on it, and it is a pretty dang rugged phone.

NZXT H440, Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5GHz (H90 AIO), MSI 780Ti, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, 16GB Corsair Venegance LP DDR4 @ 3000, Corsair RM750 PSU, Samsung 840 Pro (256GB) 2x WD Blue 1TB drives in RAID 1, 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB, 

Just now, Zaqattaq said:

The HTC 10 might be worth a gander, it has a pretty clean version of android on it, and it is a pretty dang rugged phone.

i'll check it out too :D

though i dont really like htc's build quality, i used to own one HTX One X, it was terribad

OP3 + note 7 + HTC10

Just now, Moonzy said:

i'll check it out too :D

though i dont really like htc's build quality, i used to own one HTX One X, it was terribad

OP3 + note 7 + HTC10

I had an M9, and it was a tank, (M7,8,9 and 10, it sucks to see them hurting so much) I had it with me on deployment and she took a beating and survived through it, solid metal chassis on it too. And as someone who listens to a LOT of music, the fact that HTC puts so much emphasis into the audio is a plus for me. 

NZXT H440, Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5GHz (H90 AIO), MSI 780Ti, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, 16GB Corsair Venegance LP DDR4 @ 3000, Corsair RM750 PSU, Samsung 840 Pro (256GB) 2x WD Blue 1TB drives in RAID 1, 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB, 

If you can wait there are the upcoming Nexus successors.

Also there is the Xperia XZ to consider, but not sure how accessible it will be for you.