dominator platinum?

Go to solution Solved by Zyndo,

Dominators are no better than any other kind of RAM really. they're just about the sexiest kind though.

When determining fast RAM, look for the highest frequencies at the lowest timings. nothing else matters. not brand, not aesthetics. just those 2 things. then get however much capcity you need in that speed.

I have heard good things about the dominator platinum ddr4 memory from corsair, but i just wanted to confirm it. Is the dominator platinum ddr4 memory actually good?

No,it really is just to show people how much money you can spend on a computer, and it isn't even the fastest ram you can get. 

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

RAM is RAM is RAM is RAM

Dominators is shiny RAM so its more better

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

1 minute ago, SLAYR said:

No,it really is just to show people how much money you can spend on a computer, and it isn't even the fastest ram you can get. 

(suh) Dood just get normal HyperX fury ram Black edition  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

9 minutes ago, JohnnyCowboy1098 said:

I have heard good things about the dominator platinum ddr4 memory from corsair, but i just wanted to confirm it. Is the dominator platinum ddr4 memory actually good?

yeah it pretty good but expensive and ugly as sin

It's nice and bling blang. I've got the 3000Mhz DDR4 and it is plenty fast. But It is rather pricey, If you don't have a ton of cash spend your money on something else.

9QDTVeNr.jpg

Dominators are no better than any other kind of RAM really. they're just about the sexiest kind though.

When determining fast RAM, look for the highest frequencies at the lowest timings. nothing else matters. not brand, not aesthetics. just those 2 things. then get however much capcity you need in that speed.

14 minutes ago, JohnnyCowboy1098 said:

@SLAYR What's the fastest ram roughly?

RAM makes minimal difference past 2666mhz

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

5 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

RAM makes minimal difference past 2666mhz

not true at all. sure if you're running a single low powered GPU in non CPU intensive gaming situations (which to be fair, is a lot of people). but if you're running high powered graphics setups, or CPU intensive games, or tons of workstation/server applications... RAM speed can make a huge difference.