Should I save money for Black Friday?

IAmAndre

Hi,

This might sound like I'm the cheapest person on Earth but Black Friday is in about 2 months (November 25th) and I want to know if I should buy the stuff I want now or just save money until this date hoping to find better deals. I can't spend more than $100 per month on tech products (yeah I'm trying as much as I can to have a fixed budget for pretty much everything) so I think $300 would allow me to buy higher end products on black Friday. I have over 20 products on my Amazon wish list with prices ranging from $5 to $350.

So how much do you usually spend on black Friday and do you think it makes sense to actually save money for this date?

Thanks

Depends of what you plan on getting, components like cpus and gpus are often not affected by holiday pricing and sales are dependent on the market/manufacturer, where as thing like keyboards and mice tend to see large cuts in the holiday shopping craze

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I find Black Friday to be pretty lackluster. The sales are almost never on the actual PC parts (ie; CPU, Mobo, GPU...). If you're looking for a mouse or keyboard, maybe a headset, there might be a sale. In the end though, if something you're looking for is on sale right now, just pull the trigger and buy it now. 

Now if you're looking for a 40"+ 1080p TV, then hold off for Black Friday.

3 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

Depends of what you plan on getting, components like cpus and gpus are often not affected by holiday pricing and sales are dependent on the market/manufacturer, where as thing like keyboards and mice tend to see large cuts in the holiday shopping craze

Not necessarily.  

Two Black Friday's ago, when R9 290s were still the bee's knees, I got one for $185. 

6 hours ago, TheBestUserName said:

Not necessarily.  

Two Black Friday's ago, when R9 290s were still the bee's knees, I got one for $185. 

You bad kid, your pic made me think i had a fly on my phone screen?

1 hour ago, Bcat00 said:

You bad kid, your pic made me think i had a fly on my phone screen?

Me too !