2in1 computer /w thunderbolt

So I was wondering is it possible to have one PC running two Windows OS simultaneously? Was inspired because of thunderbolt technology, I'm thinking of building a super beefy rig and make it connect to two outputs (two sets of monitor+mouse and keyboard) so that two person can use the computer simultaneously. 

i. Is that two person can use the computer at the same time

ii. When one person is not using the computer, the other person will have a full super beefy computer to use. (Because my sister does graphics and I play some games which require beefy graphics and sometimes we two just do some little task on the computer)

So I'm thinking of getting a real beefy rig like for example 1000 bucks two person can use it and one can enjoy beefier specs when one is not using rather than having two rigs which might cost more than that particular one, because a not so beefy rig cost 700 x2 that makes 1400. The 2in1 concept in my mind can actually save money and electricity (lel which I don't really care). No idea if this concept works, or someone actually made it happen already

4 minutes ago, briancheng1998 said:

So I was wondering is it possible to have one PC running two Windows OS simultaneously? Was inspired because of thunderbolt technology, I'm thinking of building a super beefy rig and make it connect to two outputs (two sets of monitor+mouse and keyboard) so that two person can use the computer simultaneously. 

i. Is that two person can use the computer at the same time

ii. When one person is not using the computer, the other person will have a full super beefy computer to use. (Because my sister does graphics and I play some games which require beefy graphics and sometimes we two just do some little task on the computer)

So I'm thinking of getting a real beefy rig like for example 1000 bucks two person can use it and one can enjoy beefier specs when one is not using rather than having two rigs which might cost more than that particular one, because a not so beefy rig cost 700 x2 that makes 1400. The 2in1 concept in my mind can actually save money and electricity (lel which I don't really care). No idea if this concept works, or someone actually made it happen already

10 minutes ago, MagnusGrønstad said:

[video]

Virtual machines would do the trick, but, correct me if I'm wrong, the "beefier computer when only one is using it" won't be there, unless you re-create the VMs each time giving them more or less resources. Is there a multiple boot option that would allow you to alternate between full PC or VM setup without removing the VMs?

Just now, MagnusGrønstad said:

Thanks for the link, but I have a question is that is it possible to do it without having two GPUs?

7 minutes ago, briancheng1998 said:

Thanks for the link, but I have a question is that is it possible to do it without having two GPUs?

No. In fact, you need THREE gpus to run this setup - including the one that Linux needs to boot. Of course you can use the iGPU for this.

To use the same gpu you need to run software based VMs, which takes a significant hit on your game performance. You can still run less demanding and older titles but not recent AAA games.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

You need the igpu and an dedicaded graphics.with unraid you can make software vm's.

1000 $would not do,cause you need atlaest 1080

20 minutes ago, RUWO_builder said:

You need the igpu and an dedicaded graphics.with unraid you can make software vm's.

1000 $would not do,cause you need atlaest 1080

The number are just to express my imaginary value :D Cause I don't really have a rough number on it, but for example, linus' 1cpu 2gamer build would be cheaper than 2 rigs right, taking to account that we need two of everything for this having two rigs, and only an extra gpu and some drives for the 2in1 rig