Can you have Windows 10 search on a drive other than C:?

Abudis

Hi guys!

Ever since I installed the Battle.net launcher (well, ever since Overwatch came out) I couldn't just Win+S and search for the launcher. It was strange but I left it at that. Recently and as I've installed a GPU+CPU monitoring tool as well as an FPS counter and logger I realised that the Windows search doesn't return any results because both programs are installed on my D: drive whereas Windows is on my C: drive.

So is there any way to have windows search my D drive as well?

CASE: Corsair Obsidian 550D PSU: Corsair TX750M M/B: Gigabyte Z77X-D3H CPU: Intel i5 3570K COOLER: Arctic Cooling Freezer i30 RAM:Corsair Vengeance 8GB GPU: Gigabyte GTX-660Ti SSD: Intel 520 Series 120GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black MONITOR: LG IPS231P-BN

Make sure the shortcut of the executable in the Start Menu. If it is already there, delete it, and re-create it, it might be doing something strange like Steam game shortcuts where they are badly done (a bug they NEVER ever fixed).

But to answer your question, just search on the start menu for "Index", and you'll find "Index Options", and open it. From there you can add folders you want Windows to Index. Please note that you want to select only what you need, not entire drives. Indexing too much may degrade the quality of results, and will affect performance. For example, if you index the entire D:\, every file that is modified, added or removed, Windows will index that, slowing down your experience.

Thank you very much! Yes I figured that including the entire D:\ drive wouldn't really work. Thanks anyway. I'll try it out

CASE: Corsair Obsidian 550D PSU: Corsair TX750M M/B: Gigabyte Z77X-D3H CPU: Intel i5 3570K COOLER: Arctic Cooling Freezer i30 RAM:Corsair Vengeance 8GB GPU: Gigabyte GTX-660Ti SSD: Intel 520 Series 120GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black MONITOR: LG IPS231P-BN