Yogabook - Could touch screen keyboards become the norm?

After seeing the Lenovo Yogabook being shown off at IFA 2016 I was wondering if the touchscreen keyboard could ever find its way into more consumer laptops/convertibles. I guess that it could never take down mechanical keyboards for gaming, but for student/business/casual use could this quirky idea of Lenovo's catch on? What's everyone's thoughts on the Yogabook and it's strange keyboard?

Maybe it could, but if we had the chance to interswap between a touch screen keyboard and simulate a virtual QWERTY/others keyboard with some sort of press feedback, it would be a blazing sucess in my opinion.

Groomlake Authority

Being I have used the surfaces touch keyboard its not that bad almost like typing on a touchscreen, It just takes getting used to. Its not a horrible idea but  i still enjoy having a real keyboard.

IMO, the thing for now that kills a virtual keyboard its that we can not feel it. Therefore, we make mistakes easily.

If there's a good feedback system and a good auto correct, it would be at least workable.

Buttons are soooo  2007... Remember when buttons were on phones?? Stop being old fashioned, touch keyboards are the future. They would have been the present but people love what they are used to and can't get over it for something new.  I wish a Mac book air sometime soon gets a touch screen keyboard to get people over buttons.

The only drawback is gaming, so like 17 inch gaming beats will ship with an external keyboard. I didn't hear you complain about how difficult it is to pay lol on the Trackpad of a laptop, why complain now ?

oh hell no, it would be insanely hard to type on without looking at the keyboard and it would feel like shit. Keyboards are not going anywhere any time soon, if touch was so nice for typing then people would not buy keyboards for their tablets... Touch is cancer for typing, it only works on phones, because they are that small and we don't need to type that much.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Unless you've been using a holographic keyboard for the last year, the change will be quite jarring. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p