New PC Build

chubbypancakes

Hey there,

So I have been constantly complaining about my Alienware X51-R2 to my friend, because of how slow it is with the games that I enjoy playing.

I figured that because of this, I should just go ahead and make a part list, so that I could have it all ready by the time that my birthday comes around.

Keep in mind that I'm not a super tech savvy person, and I want something with a good amount of performance.

So without further ado, Here's the list:

ac22fe5e56af81e156046545dc86a079.png

So are all of these parts reliable/trustable? And are they good prices?

Thanks for all of your help and support.

EDIT: Sorry, I accidentally put an older version of the list as a picture, this is the current one that I have. Thanks again!

Edited by chubbypancakes
Wrong Picture

Well thats one mighty powerful GPU you got there. The Power supply tough, if it was a 1060 id say your in the green but a 1070, well im not sure. Maybe 550W? There could also probably occur bottlenecks with that cpu, but hey its a great build overhaul.

Alienware = Definetly not alien technology -.-

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, chubbypancakes said:

Hey there,

So I have been constantly complaining about my Alienware X51-R2 to my friend, because of how slow it is with the games that I enjoy playing.

I figured that because of this, I should just go ahead and make a part list, so that I could have it all ready by the time that my birthday comes around.

Keep in mind that I'm not a super tech savvy person, and I want something with a good amount of performance.

So without further ado, Here's the list:

PC Build.png

So are all of these parts reliable/trustable? And are they good prices?

Thanks for all of your help and support.

That’s a pretty solid build. I am not a hardcore guru, but in my option it looks good. There are always better parts with better quality and performance, but for about a grand, that is very solid.

Some people are probably going to tell you 1 of 2 things things. You should get a cooler master hyper 212 evo cpu cooler, just because they stock coolers are apparently the plague. Secondly, they are going to tell you to get an i5 6600k and a z170 board, so that you can overclock it and not bottleneck your gtx 1070.

I honestly don’t think the bottleneck is that big of deal. For a first build that is very good. 

What I would change:

-your choice in RAM, but then again for advertised 2400, that isn’t too bad. I think I paid about the same for 16GB of 2133 last month. (honestly that is just me, RAM is essentially ram, nothing wrong with what you have there)

-For a lower end SSD I would go with PNY, but then again there really is nothing wrong with what you have, that is just me.

-The power supply. I think you should go with at least a 600 watt PSU. You won’t need 600 watts, but it is very good idea to invest in a high quality PSU with decent headroom. (my solid recommendation would be a EVGA 650 GS or G2)

Realistically, for a super legit windows 10 key you are going to pay $119.99 from Microsoft, that is what I did over the weekend. On the other hand, you can get a Windows 10 key for less than $30 from kingpin.com. A lot of people do that with 0 issues, nothing wrong with it. It is just slightly more inconvenient.

Realistically, you should pay at least $430 for a gtx 1070, but the prices are going down. The card you have is a smaller version, I really recommend the full-sized air cooler cards. The S340 case is very, very solid(basically the standard, you can’t go wrong unless you paid like $90 for it). That case will fit any standard graphics card. I highly recommend the Gigabyte G1 gaming or Asus ROG Strix 1070, very good, performance focused, not too much extra flash. 

Thats all I really have to say, good luck! xD 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

Update: I have lowered the SSD to 120 GB, because I do not really need that much storage for the amount of games that I play. 

That's a pretty good build. More a power supply, I'd suggest getting a Rosewill Photon 550w, it's like 5 bucks more but it's fully modular and 80+ Gold rated, it's probably Rosewill's best line of power supplies and it's a T2-T3 level PSU.

Also unless you need 2TB I'd say jsut get a Seagate Barracuda 1TB for like 10 bucks less since the Hitachi boards aren't too good.

ASRock is a good company but I'd suggest just trying to go for an MSI and ASUS, even Gigabyte cause the BIOS would be a lot better and usually more reliable in terms of parts and customer service.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎06 at 4:04 AM, chubbypancakes said:

Update: I have lowered the SSD to 120 GB, because I do not really need that much storage for the amount of games that I play. 

The advantage of the larger SSDs is not only the space.  Unfortunately, the smaller SSD also has lower performance (write and IOPS), so I'd suggest going for the 240GB if the cost isn't too much more.  Also, games are getting bigger and bigger, so that extra space will come in handy soon.

Here are the specs for the Adata SSDs:

120GB Performance (ATTO)
  Read: Up to 560MB/s
  Write: Up to 410MB/s
  Maximum 4K random R/W IOPS: 60K/70K

240GB Performance (ATTO)
  Read: Up to 560MB/s
  Write: Up to 510MB/s
  Maximum 4K random R/W IOPS: 75K/75K

Anybody know any ways to make the build cheaper without cutting performance? Thanks!