Where to buy LEGIT and NOT SHADY windows?

Go to solution Solved by d3sl91,
1 hour ago, ImperialCactae said:

But arent OEM keys that can be disable with no warning? 

No. OEM keys from somewhere like Newegg, NCIX, some sellers on amazon, etc that are ~$100 are properly distributed OEM keys that come as a disk and physical sticker for your system. They will not deactivate. 

If you get one of those $40 keys (where some random person emails you a key, but you don't get an actual sticker), yes, those can randomly deactivate (rarely). But this is because the key is part of another licencing system, separate for the system builder's OEM. 

Things to know about OEM though terms of use. Someone CANNOT use OEM on their personal system, it is technically against Terms of use to use it on a personal system. It's to be used by an OEM to put on systems they sell and support - not personal systems. - it's in the fine print. However, nobody really follows that and it's not enforced. 

Also with OEM:

- you will not get free Microsoft support.

- you can only use it on one motherboard.

- you must choose 64 or 32 bit when you buy it. 

- you must do a clean install.

If you really want to play it safe, retail $120 is best bet. And think of it this way - that $120 will get youy hundreds of hours of entertainment. $120 is about the cost of 2 games. Or, 6 trips to the movie theater. You will be using that $120 for SUBSTANTIALLY more time and much more entertainment than a couple of new games or movie theater trips. 

Hello! I want to buy a key of windows 10. I did went to the windows store.. but they are extremily expensive! Even the student ones are only 5% off...

So, if you guys know where i can buy one for a cheap price? But no shady or OEM. A real key!

thanks!

i have used Kinguin.net in the past and have never had any issues , however I would still recommend paying the extra $1 for the buyer protection for peace of mind, it will insure if your code does not work you will revive a full refund

If you are not wanting to buy OEM/Shady - your only other option is Retail Key.

These are pretty much always going to be the same price, ~120 for the home edition. Might as well buy it straight from Microsoft. If you see any "Retail Key" for much less than that, it's likely an unofficial source, and is therefore 'Shady".

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

3 hours ago, ImperialCactae said:

Hello! I want to buy a key of windows 10. I did went to the windows store.. but they are extremily expensive! Even the student ones are only 5% off...

So, if you guys know where i can buy one for a cheap price? But no shady or OEM. A real key!

thanks!

Windows keys are going to be around $100 USD. If you want to buy it from official channels, there's no way around this.

The only other way I know around this is to be part of some technology society that has it as a perk. I used to be a student member of IEEE and as a perk you had access to the Microsoft Developer Network which could get you Windows for free (among other things).

46 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Windows keys are going to be around $100 USD. If you want to buy it from official channels, there's no way around this.

The only other way I know around this is to be part of some technology society that has it as a perk. I used to be a student member of IEEE and as a perk you had access to the Microsoft Developer Network which could get you Windows for free (among other things).

Mmmm.. my problem is that 100$ is a lot for the key only. And saw people getting it for like 40$ but oem. You say that oficial way is the only to get legit keys ? There is no discount for students? My univeristy already gave me Office package with my .EDU mail, but there is no windows.. sadly.

4 hours ago, purplemonkeysnot said:

i have used Kinguin.net in the past and have never had any issues , however I would still recommend paying the extra $1 for the buyer protection for peace of mind, it will insure if your code does not work you will revive a full refund

Kinguin.net is a good option been running windows 10 that I bought from there with no problems so far.

1 hour ago, ImperialCactae said:

No. OEM keys from somewhere like Newegg, NCIX, some sellers on amazon, etc that are ~$100 are properly distributed OEM keys that come as a disk and physical sticker for your system. They will not deactivate. 

If you get one of those $40 keys (where some random person emails you a key, but you don't get an actual sticker), yes, those can randomly deactivate (rarely). But this is because the key is part of another licencing system, separate for the system builder's OEM. 

Things to know about OEM though terms of use. Someone CANNOT use OEM on their personal system, it is technically against Terms of use to use it on a personal system. It's to be used by an OEM to put on systems they sell and support - not personal systems. - it's in the fine print. However, nobody really follows that and it's not enforced. 

Also with OEM:

If you really want to play it safe, retail $120 is best bet. And think of it this way - that $120 will get youy hundreds of hours of entertainment. $120 is about the cost of 2 games. Or, 6 trips to the movie theater. You will be using that $120 for SUBSTANTIALLY more time and much more entertainment than a couple of new games or movie theater trips. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

5 minutes ago, d3sl91 said:

Also with OEM:

Thanks for the info! You are rigth, i will go for a safe retail. Wich one do you recommend more? Is posible to get a USB with it or only by download?

6 hours ago, ImperialCactae said:

Thanks for the info! You are rigth, i will go for a safe retail. Wich one do you recommend more? Is posible to get a USB with it or only by download?

Both options are available. Depending on where you get. Local store will have USB versions for sure. Microsofts store is most likely promoting code-only, but they also should have USB versions.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

Both options are available. Depending on where you get. Local store will have USB versions for sure. Microsofts store is most likely promoting code-only, but they also should have USB versions.

I live in argentina, so i was planing to buy from a site on US and get a friend that is traveling there to ship it to me. Any idea where i can get it? 

5 minutes ago, ImperialCactae said:

I live in argentina, so i was planing to buy from a site on US and get a friend that is traveling there to ship it to me. Any idea where i can get it? 

Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Home-Flash-Drive/dp/B01019T6O0/ref=sr_1_1?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1473146840&sr=1-1&keywords=windows+10+usb

Newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832588528&cm_re=windows_10_usb-_-32-588-528-_-Product

BestBuy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/windows-10-home-operating-system-windows/4302800.p?id=1219724360863&skuId=4302800 or if you want Spanish version http://www.bestbuy.com/site/windows-10-home-spanish-operating-system-windows/4302700.p?id=1219724361351&skuId=4302700 Though neither says they are USB ones. So if your friend goes to pick it from store, he/she should ask about it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv