Asus g75 gaming laptop. Opinions and discussions.

ravenflu

So I'm looking to buy the stated laptop around January. I want to see your opinions about this laptop and perhaps comparisons to some of the newer gaming laptops.

Should I expect the Asus g75 to be outshined by newer models from different manufacturers by January?

which g75 model are you thinking of  buying

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I haven't got to the point to decide which model but I'm hoping this thread will help me decide.

Perhaps a model close to G75VW-NS72.

alienware 5eva

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

which g75 model are you thinking of buying

the G75 (ivy bridge based) laptops have cons  that they still didnt address

i would recommend waiting for the haswell based G75 laptops

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Im sure many people will hate me for this but for laptops i really like the dell xps series.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

the G75 (ivy bridge based) laptops have cons  that they still didnt address

yah haswell's are very nice on laptops

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

My old G74-SXA1 was nice if that means anything to you. No real complaints about it. Served me well for a long time.

the G75 (ivy bridge based) laptops have cons that they still didnt address

Is it certain for the g75series to get Haswell cpus? And do you think it would happen before January?

Living without a laptop for the past two months is pulling my balls and I'd such waiting beyond Jan.

And the g75 has been quite appealing throughout.

@ravenflu The Asus ROG laptop series are pretty much the only laptop I'd recommend for gaming. They have had Haswell versions available since the launch of mobile Haswell chipsets. This is one of their highest end models, otherwise, Google "Asus G750".

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

@ravenflu The Asus ROG laptop series are pretty much the only laptop I'd recommend for gaming. They have had Haswell versions available since the launch of mobile Haswell chipsets. This is one of their highest end models, otherwise, Google "Asus G750".

With the 500 dollar price difference between their G750jx and G750jh do you think the bit of extra specs is worth it?

if you really want to game on it make sure you get the best GPU for the price. if you want NVidia get 780m or 770m or like 675MX or 680MX (MX are really good overclocker because they are Desktop GPU undeclocked and put in laptops "what i have heard dont quote me on this " and i dont know the radeon side of things with laptops :). and look at laptops like Clevo/sager as wel they are really good for gaming and have good cooling.or MSI. but i you want to play BF4 of like 40+ on ultra you will need a realy good GPU.Just check my signature and i payed $1300 and got Kova+ and Sota Mousepad with it 

Needs Update

With the 500 dollar price difference between their G750jx and G750jh do you think the bit of extra specs is worth it?

The 780M is quite a lot faster than the 770M in certain benchmarks and ALL games. Look at those benchmarks and see if 500$ is worth it for you. Personally, if I were looking for a gaming laptop, I would pay the difference.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.