6700k or 5820k?

Im building my first pc and i already decided on the parts. Except the cpu, skylake or Haswell-E? I also have some mobos picked out for each. Im pretty much on the brink of my budget, but the cost difference is so small i dont care if i spend more.

This highly depends on your day to day usage goal with the system pretty much.

Also which particular motherboard are you looking at?

3 minutes ago, Vaderthegamer said:

Im building my first pc and i already decided on the parts. Except the cpu, skylake or Haswell-E? I also have some mobos picked out for each. Im pretty much on the brink of my budget, but the cost difference is so small i dont care if i spend more.

depends what you're doing....

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

If you are just a gamer and casual user, the 6700k makes more sense. You will get better single-threaded performance with better performance in games and normal tasks like browsing. 

Instead, if you are a professional and do image and video editing, then the 5820k and its 2 extra cores will help a lot. Also x99 is a better platform which gives you more PCIe lanes, quad channel memory and some other stuff. 

Home PC: i5 6402P | Kingston HyperX 8GBx2 | Gigabyte G1 gaming GTX 1060 | Kingston UV400 240GB | WD blue 1TB Gigabyte H110m-S2 Cooler Master B500 v2

Laptop: Lenovo Yoga 710(Kaby Lake)

Phone: Oneplus 3

Tablet: iPad air 2

2 minutes ago, Shubham Yadav said:

If you are just a gamer and casual user, the 6700k makes more sense. You will get better single-threaded performance with better performance in games and normal tasks like browsing. 

Instead, if you are a professional and do image and video editing, then the 5820k and its 2 extra cores will help a lot. Also x99 is a better platform which gives you more PCIe lanes, quad channel memory and some other stuff. 

Cool! Im professional (to be) and i will go with the 5820k. 

6 minutes ago, Vaderthegamer said:

Cool! Im professional (to be) and i will go with the 5820k. 

Not a bad choice definitely.

Which X99 board are you looking at?

1 hour ago, Sintezza said:

Not a bad choice definitely.

Which X99 board are you looking at?

Asus x99-a ll

7 hours ago, Sintezza said:

Would be a good choice. :)

Found a used (but a 10 on b and h photo, basically was bought, but not used) for only 159.99