Triple Display Setup Resetting Itself Constantly During Standby

GlorifiedPaperShuffler

Alright, I think I've hit upon a really strange problem.

I have a GTX 1070 FE. I also have 3x Asus VS247 monitors. The monitors do not have DisplayPort inputs, so I have 3x DisplayPort to HDMI cables.

All fine and dandy. I set up NVidia Surround and installed Flawless Widescreen some time ago so I can play games with all three monitors. I switch back and forth between Surround and Extend mode using NVidia Control Panel.

Problem: When the computer goes into standby mode, it plays the "disconnect" and "reconnect" sound, over and over and over again. It will not stop until I bring the PC out of standby.

The reason I suspect shenanigans with the graphics/display side of things is that my displays "jump around" during standby. So the icons, which I usually only have on Monitor 1, may end up in Monitor 2 or 3.

Also, if you catch it *just* right, one of my monitors will come back on showing with pure static (like the old-timey television white/black dots static). If I turn the monitor off, and on again, the static goes away.

Other symptoms include GPU activity being reported by GPU-Z. The clock speeds pulse on and off at about the same rate as the "connect/disconnect" sounds playing, which furthered my suspicion of the GPU/display. This activity is during standby.

I have no idea what is going on. So far, I've uninstalled Flawless Widescreen and all plugins, but that didn't seem to work.

Ideas?

What OS do you use? I have a smiliar problem on Windows 10 and the only way to fix it is by logging out of Windows and logging in again. That resets everything to normal for me after my PC went to standby.

5 hours ago, Medicate said:

What OS do you use? I have a smiliar problem on Windows 10 and the only way to fix it is by logging out of Windows and logging in again. That resets everything to normal for me after my PC went to standby.

I find that hitting the Windows Key does the same thing. Yes, I am on Windows 10.

But that really isn't a solution. Just a duct tape fix.