Mid tower Vs full tower for air cooling

Right so I'm thinking of buying a new PC case and I'm not sure whether to go for a mid tower or a full tower. I've found one of each size I like, for the mid tower I like the Corsair Obsidian 450D and for the full tower the Corsair Obsidian 750D.

With this in mind, (since I'm only air cooling) is there any benefit to using a full tower for strictly air cooling?

Lets say I had an identical number of fans in an identical configuration in both a full tower and mid tower would there literally be no difference in the cooling capabilities of either case? I'm thinking the full tower maybe has more room for the air to flow?

Thanks, GR412

No. Get whichever you like the look of better. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

No. Get whichever you like the look of better. 

I would disagree as the 750D is just completely un-necessary in this situation...that's my opinion but why have a giant case when you don't have to? :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I would disagree as the 750D is just completely un-necessary in this situation...that's my opinion but why have a giant case when you don't have to? :P 

Would you say there is no benefit to getting the 750d over the 450d for air cooling then? I'm under the impression full towers are for like custom water cooling loops.

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Of course, but if he prefers the look of the 750D, then that's the more aesthetically pleasing of the two to him -- regardless of the size. Hence why I said to get the one he likes the looks of better. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

Of course, but if he prefers the look of the 750D, then that's the more aesthetically pleasing of the two to him -- regardless of the size. Hence why I said to get the one he likes the looks of better. 

I didn't say that to be honest lol. Besides they're literally the same case just ones bigger than the other.

Mid towers can work just fine, so long as they support an adequate number of fans, provide for good cable management, and are not chocked full of obstructions.

Just now, ThomasD said:

Mid towers can work just fine, so long as they support an adequate number of fans, provide for good cable management, and are not chocked full of obstructions.

Okay, lets say I had an identical number of fans in an identical configuration in both a full tower and mid tower would there literally be no difference in the cooling capabilities of either case? I'm thinking the full tower maybe has more room for the air to flow?

8 minutes ago, GR412 said:

Okay, lets say I had an identical number of fans in an identical configuration in both a full tower and mid tower would there literally be no difference in the cooling capabilities of either case? I'm thinking the full tower maybe has more room for the air to flow?

literally no difference.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

4 hours ago, GR412 said:

Actually the large case could have worse cooling performance.  The key to good cooling is air exchange.  You want a constant supply of the freshest, coolest air possible flowing over heat dissipating items and that subsequently heated air then being exhausted as quickly and efficiently as possible.

An overly large case (relative to the amount of fans present) increases the possibility of stagnant areas where hot air lingers.