6gb ddr4 2133 upgrade?

So I went into micro center and they have 8gb sticks of crucial ddr4 2133 ram for like 40 bucks. I just bought a new hp laptop with an A10-9600p just slapped my oldish ssd in there (512gb crucial mx100) that I had lying around.  Has a DVD drive the only thing it doesn't have is Bluetooth *shakes head* it was only 300 bucks though so I think it's a pretty decent laptop for the money.  Anyways it's got 6gb ddr4@2133 4x2 would it even make a difference if I upgraded?  If it was only 4gb I'd definitely upgrade just a little torn since the extra ram is nice but is it really worth 40 bucks for only 2 extra gb?

You can buy 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz for 80 Bucks..so is it worth it?..No.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

6 minutes ago, derrickd241 said:

So I went into micro center and they have 8gb sticks of crucial ddr4 2133 ram for like 40 bucks. I just bought a new hp laptop with an A10-9600p just slapped my oldish ssd in there (512gb crucial mx100) that I had lying around.  Has a DVD drive the only thing it doesn't have is Bluetooth *shakes head* it was only 300 bucks though so I think it's a pretty decent laptop for the money.  Anyways it's got 6gb ddr4@2133 4x2 would it even make a difference if I upgraded?  If it was only 4gb I'd definitely upgrade just a little torn since the extra ram is nice but is it really worth 40 bucks for only 2 extra gb?

As long as your not trying to do any video editing or gaming I think you will be perfectly fine. Not worth it imo.

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

3 minutes ago, Stevoisboss said:

As long as your not trying to do any video editing or gaming I think you will be perfectly fine. Not worth it imo.

No not a gaming laptop I can't afford that lol maybe like mine craft but definitely not bf1 ultra settings hahaha

6 minutes ago, derrickd241 said:

No not a gaming laptop I can't afford that lol maybe like mine craft but definitely not bf1 ultra settings hahaha

The a10 would have ddr3 2133 not ddr4, and it would be sodimm ram.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Just now, SLAYR said:

The a10 would have ddr3 2133 not ddr4, and it would be sodimm ram.

Na I looked it's ddr4 2133 cause I already have a ddr3 8gb stick but the ddr4 has 260 pins I believe while the ddr3 only has like 204 even the slot where the ram goes on says ddr4 right on it as well as hp docs say the same thing mines the touchscreen a10 https://t.co/KgMarA0426

2 hours ago, derrickd241 said:

Na I looked it's ddr4 2133 cause I already have a ddr3 8gb stick but the ddr4 has 260 pins I believe while the ddr3 only has like 204 even the slot where the ram goes on says ddr4 right on it as well as hp docs say the same thing mines the touchscreen a10 https://t.co/KgMarA0426

Oh it is one of the extremely new apus then, I didn't realise those launched yet since they were announced quite recently, they are the only amd with ddr4 support until zen launches.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

4 hours ago, SLAYR said:

Oh it is one of the extremely new apus then, I didn't realise those launched yet since they were announced quite recently, they are the only amd with ddr4 support until zen launches.

Yea my battery life sucks d*ck though, the micro architecture is called Bristol ridge,  I can see why this processor uses so much juice though it's got 10 cores total (4 cpu + 6 gpu)

15 minutes ago, derrickd241 said:

Yea my battery life sucks d*ck though, the micro architecture is called Bristol ridge,  I can see why this processor uses so much juice though it's got 10 cores total (4 cpu + 6 gpu)

It's a 15W TDP APU - I think the battery is just small :P 

31 minutes ago, derrickd241 said:

Try putting in power saver, diabling turbo boost, reducing frequency, and possibly undervolting with amd overdrive if that isn't enough.

With a 35w amd a10 5750m, and a 5200mah battery I can get an hour of battery at max usage, and 5-6 with maximum power savings.

11 hours ago, SLAYR said:

Try putting in power saver, diabling turbo boost, reducing frequency, and possibly undervolting with amd overdrive if that isn't enough.

With a 35w amd a10 5750m, and a 5200mah battery I can get an hour of battery at max usage, and 5-6 with maximum power savings.

Na I want max performance idc about battery life much just keep it plugged in lol but I played through like the first chapter thingy of half life 2 worked flawlessly as expected with everything on ultra which is awesome I gotta get through the first one yet hahaha

11 hours ago, SLAYR said:

Na I want max performance idc about battery life much just keep it plugged in lol but I played through like the first chapter thingy of half life 2 worked flawlessly as expected with everything on ultra which is awesome I gotta get through the first one yet hahaha