CPU temp high all of a sudden! Help!

rice grain method aint a lie lol. thermal paste dosnt need to cover the entire cpu.. just mostly.. wich is what rice grain method does

1 minute ago, jewishdolphins said:

wait. i just noticed something. theres 2 wires coming out of the cpu block. and i only had 1 connected to the power supply while the other one was just hanging. could the other wire be for something else? not really sure where it plugs into.

One should be connected to the CPU fan pin on your motherboard I think. I've never messed around with watercooling but I'm pretty sure you should plug it into the System fan pin.  I'll also look it up .

PC:  Ryzen 5 1600 Gigabyte Gaming AB350 Gaming 3 | 16gb DDR4 2666MHz | Sapphire 5700xt 8gb | 2x Crucial 1TB SSD | EVGA 650w Fully Modular PSU | NZXT H440

3 hours ago, Garett1 said:

One should be connected to the CPU fan pin on your motherboard I think. I've never messed around with watercooling but I'm pretty sure you should plug it into the System fan pin.  I'll also look it up .

im watching installation videos right now to see if it was put in correctly. and yes, there was 1 wire connected to my mobo, which is what ran it. im just curious as to what the other wire was for. the exact cooler i have is the h100i v2

Just now, jewishdolphins said:

im watching installation videos right now to see if it was put in correctly. and yes, there was 1 wire connected to my mobo, which is what ran it. im just curious as to what the other wire was for. the exact cooler i have is the h100i v2

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/blog/2013/february/how-to-install-the-hydro-series-h100i-cpu-cooler

One to Sata Power connection and one to your motherboard.

PC:  Ryzen 5 1600 Gigabyte Gaming AB350 Gaming 3 | 16gb DDR4 2666MHz | Sapphire 5700xt 8gb | 2x Crucial 1TB SSD | EVGA 650w Fully Modular PSU | NZXT H440

3 hours ago, jewishdolphins said:

oh im stupid. i dont think the other wire did anything. ignore that.

rice grain method aint a lie lol. thermal paste dosnt need to cover the entire cpu.. just mostly.. wich is what rice grain method does

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/blog/2013/february/how-to-install-the-hydro-series-h100i-cpu-cooler

One to Sata Power connection and one to your motherboard.

yeah. might just switch to fan dude. The guy in this video says that if you plug the wire straight to the mobo, it doesnt give consistent voltage. 

Go to 7:45 in this video.

2 minutes ago, smokefest said:

I never said it was a lie just saying my CPU was barley covered at all.

what does the usb header do? i also didnt have that plugged in for some reason. oops.

what does the usb header do? i also didnt have that plugged in for some reason. oops.

Honestly I'm not sure. I've never messed around with watercooling

its fine

1 minute ago, Thread212 said:

What is ur idle and load temperature before this happened?

I already asked him that twice.  Got no answer.  :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Thread212 said:

You did?? oh well..
i mean seriously.. water cooler is awesome but it wont make your cpu freeze.

Even Luke has tested all of the thermal paste applications. and got 47'c at idle with water cooler.
and u shouldnt worry too much if there's 2-3'c temperature differences in idle.
i think this dude just worry too much.

Agreed.  Tons of things affect idle and max temps in addition to the cooler type that you are using.  That's why I always try to trouble shoot those things before I look too deep into the cooler.