Does your rig have a 1:1 ratio when editing

Does your rig have a 1 second real time to 1 second rendering time when editing video? 

I have a 1.5:1 ratio which is very good. I can render out a 1 minute video in 45 seconds

post your rig specs, camera used, and the quality of the codec aka 480p 1080p etc. as well as the editing program used

specs in sig, canon t3i 1080p and adobe premiere pro cc 

and I get 1.5 seconds real time to 1 second rendering 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

We'll last time I edited a small 5 minute clip in windows movie maker it literally took 2 seconds (3930k @5ghz)

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

We'll last time I edited a small 5 minute clip in windows movie maker it literally took 2 seconds (3930k @5ghz)

but what camera do you have? 

#KilledMyWife 

but what camera do you have?

The particular clip was taken at the beach with my 1080p water proof camera (I don't even know the model)

!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

The particular clip was taken at the beach with my 1080p water proof camera (I don't even know the model)

that kinda tells me that its not real 1080p it was prolly shot at 480p then the camera oversampled to 1080p 

#KilledMyWife 

It depends on the footage being used, I tend to compress 50-60Gb files down to 2 or 3 depending on the length, but more simple videos render much quicker(ie.5 minute video with just text and sound). Usually I render effect loaded footage that is around 20 minutes in 25 minutes with extremely good quality

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

that kinda tells me that its not real 1080p it was prolly shot at 480p then the camera oversampled to 1080p

Idk but I literally had a title and a transition and that's it so... :P

It depends on the footage being used, I tend to compress 50-60Gb files down to 2 or 3 depending on the length, but more simple videos render much quicker(ie.5 minute video with just text and sound). Usually I render effect loaded footage that is around 20 minutes in 25 minutes with extremely good quality

Absolutely. This becomes very apparent when, for instance, comparing the size of a picture taken in the dark versus a colorful scenario (otherwise under the same conditions when saved in a compressed format).

Absolutely. This becomes very apparent when, for instance, comparing the size of a picture taken in the dark versus a colorful scenario (otherwise under the same conditions when saved in a compressed format).

I brought this up because a friend of mine edits fs700 video on a dual core i5 macbook pro... and then complains when it takes 5 hours to render and makes it so you could grill burgers on the aluminum casing. Not to mention it pretty much disables the laptop from being used for anything during that 5 hours.

price $1800

I tell her I get much faster renders on my pc and I only paid $900 for mine. "yeah but my macbook is faster than any pc because it has a retina display" 

#KilledMyWife 

I brought this up because a friend of mine edits fs700 video on a dual core i5 macbook pro... and then complains when it takes 5 hours to render and makes it so you could grill burgers on the aluminum casing. Not to mention it pretty much disables the laptop from being used for anything during that 5 hours.

price $1800

I tell her I get much faster renders on my pc and I only paid $900 for mine. "yeah but my macbook is faster than any pc because it has a retina display" 

...Oh God.

...Oh God.

my exact reaction 

#KilledMyWife 

price $1800

The funny thing is that retina display actually makes it slower

The funny thing is that retina display actually makes it slower

I know lol, intel hd graphics 4000 is a hoot and is great for doing power user apps like facebook and twitter at the same time!

WOAH SUPER AWESOME MULTITASKING ONLY AVALIABLE ON MAC

because everyone using a mac knows that all pc's are still pentium III's and get viruses every 4 minutes and keep blue screening

its like she has this mindset that pc's are still stuck in the 90's and have 56k internet

Ibm300pl.jpg

#KilledMyWife 

You can't really compare desktop vs notebook performance. 

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

TBH, it's not something you can really compare. If you add alot of effects and colour correction, your renders will take longer than if you just colour corrected.

It also depends on software.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Most of the time I can get a 1:1 ratio, using Premiere Pro, a color correction and 1 video stream.
60D 1080p 24fps footage
Quite happy with it coming from a 25:1 ratio or something like that (1.7ghz sempron 140) 

Core i7 2600  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3  EVGA GTX 970 FTW  16Gb 1600Mhz G.SKILL

Samsung 500Gb 840EVO RAID0 Random 80GB HDD Corsair GS700 Corsair ArticWhite C70

AMD 8350 4.2Ghz

Premier Pro cs6

Canon T3i 1080P

My render settings were a re-encode of h264 with a consistent bitrate of 5Mbps. I didn't check render at maximum depth or anything and it took 40 seconds to render 1 minute of video.