PC start up slowed down to 40 sec on SSD (Was 20 sec)

knoriy

Hi everyone

Can someone help me. in the past my boot-up time was around 20 sec now it's gone up to 40 seconds. when i boot-up the first 15 second is a black screen then it goes to Asus logo and finally windows login screen.

My PC spec: Asus x99 pro motherboard, I7 5820k, 16GB DDR4 ram, Samsung 850 Evo, GTX 980 ti

Thanks

I have, I only have anything that is necessary enabled.

1 minute ago, knoriy said:

I have, I only have anything that is necessary enabled.

I mean theres a lot of things that could be the problem, possibly performance degration, or you have too much on your SSD that it starting to slow down or maybe just this one day IT decided to take longer than other days

i dont think any of those are what's causing it, it's a new SSD 3 moths old, the PC is about 5 months.

9 minutes ago, knoriy said:

i dont think any of those are what's causing it, it's a new SSD 3 moths old, the PC is about 5 months.

Sometimes PCs just don't boot quickly, weather it was just a one off caused by windows doing a background update for something small or just the first cold boot you had done in a while.

CPU: R5 3600 @ 4.4 GHz

RAM: 16GB DDR4 @ 3200 MHz

GPU: RTX 2080 Super 

Go to the bios and trey a memory check. In the "black screen" you called it, all bios boot and checks will done in the background. Best would be if you enable in the bios the advaned boot screen, so you dont see a black screen any more. Now you see the "real" boot an you could also see if somethinks takes a long time. Best example is a broken cable of the dvd rom. The start would take 10 sec log beacuse the bios tryed severeal times to find the rom. 

After you "Black" screen since the asus logo, your mainboard will boot. If you use a raid that could be the reason for a long boot. Raid controller if onboard or dedicated need a least 5-10 sec to book.

You say your ssd is 3 Month old. So you switched it manually an it was not default in your pc. Did you set the Bios Mode for this add from IDE to AHCI, if not this might be the reason too. Things like ssd trim will not work an you ssd will slow down after some time. You could change this but google a tutotrial, how to switch from ide to ahci. Or your PC will not boot after switching =).

20 minutes ago, James7176 said:

Sometimes PCs just don't boot quickly, weather it was just a one off caused by windows doing a background update for something small or just the first cold boot you had done in a while.

seeing as the problem was described as "when I boot up I see a black screen for 15 seconds then the Asus screen" this would imply a slow down at the POST something windows has no effect over.

have you tried resetting the bios to defaults?

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

1 hour ago, vorticalbox said:

seeing as the problem was described as "when I boot up I see a black screen for 15 seconds then the Asus screen" this would imply a slow down at the POST something windows has no effect over.

have you tried resetting the bios to defaults?

I have and i tried installing the latest bios update from Asus, still the same issue.