My own Scrapyard Wars episode!

Veux

As college is over and my Acer Aspire Nitro v15 was sold, it was time to get a cheap gaming desktop with older generation hardware.

Just to play some Counter Strike: Global offencive and Dota 2 or perhaps some more, wich will probably happen.

This PC is built on a budget and is scrambled form second hand parts, call it a Scrapyard Wars episode.

Specifications;

I5 2500k - 4.2Ghz + Artic Alpine 11 rev.2.

Asrock z68 extreme4 gen3.

XFX DD. R7950 - 1050Mhz.

Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB - 2133Mhz.

Corsair HX750w.

A random 320GB harddisk i had laying around.

And a case wich i still had.

I bought the motherboard, cpu, ram, and psu from the same person. The price was $180 including shipping, wich he even had to pay twice as he sent 2 boxes.

The videocard was bought for $80 also with shipping, wich totals it on $260. 

What to expect from this older generation pc? Well enough. It even runs Battlefield 1 on ultra preset, ofcourse resolution scale is on 50% but dont get me wrong, This whole computer cost me less then a new "Sweetspot" GPU, correct me if im wrong. An yes im going to overclock it and run it even faster. Infact im planning on a custom watercooling loop all scavanged from the second hand market. Who knows a 7950 backplate might be for sale for a bargain when the next realease of cards is out (netherlands). 

Oh and not to mention a ssd, damn these harddrive things are slow.

I beleve there are plenty of people running these setups as their gaming rigs, right? Is new on a budget better?

Let me know!

Cheers,

Looks good, I am thinking about doing one myself. But I cant find any decently priced CPU's on fleabay.

All the K models are expensive.

I might go with a non K build, but I wanted to ask a bunch of questions relating to "Which CPU to get" and I had a post ready to go, but lost it on a restart of my internet browser. The 2xxx series looks like the best price. Any server 2011 is too expensive, especially motherboards. But if you got access to parts, why not.

I will post my own thread.

definitely a solid PC for the price!

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

@Canada EH

I bought my parts from another website, www.tweakers.net its a dutch site tough.

Prices there are good, perhaps it differs from country. The whole "what gpu" is to be fair nonsence, If some one had a good deal with a 660ti or any other viable option i would go for it. I would highly suggest doing something like this as it saves lots of money, if you are on a budget ofcourse.

@suchamoneypit

Thanks!

Just wanted to post this since i basically did the same thing with even older cpus and have had zero issues with my 970(have no clue how you came across a deal as good as what you got)  my pc, for example in the battlefield 1 beta i get a Min of 70FPS, Max of 119, and a Avg of 89.072 for the ultra preset it's Dell t3500 w/t a w3550 and a gtx 970, the total computer cost under 400$us(the pc alone only cost 100$us) and it could be built cheaper for the same price now that the 480 exists