Programming an app to listen for specific words. (mobile)

Remixt

Would this be practical? or would this drain battery life too much or be downright impossible?

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

I think I've read an article/conspiracy theory saying that google is already doing it.

Now seriously, of the top of my head you would need to have some kind of speech to text transformer constantly running, obviously the microphone, and the searcher comparing the data listened with your word/words

in my opinion it would be heavy in the battery use and might not even work in some situations (walking, noisy areas or driving)

However, it would be interesting to see it as an experiment

The best way to measure the quality of a piece of code is "Oh F*** "s per line

I think I've read an article/conspiracy theory saying that google is already doing it.

Now seriously, of the top of my head you would need to have some kind of speech to text transformer constantly running, obviously the microphone, and the searcher comparing the data listened with your word/words

in my opinion it would be heavy in the battery use and might not even work in some situations (walking, noisy areas or driving)

The best way to measure the quality of a piece of code is "Oh F*** "s per line

Just now, espurritado said:

Yeah those are pretty much my thoughts on the subject. I've got a project for school that requires me to create a new app and I had an idea for one called "Swear Jar" that basically charges you money every time you say a specific word. Once you stop saying that word for a specific amount of time you get all that money back. 

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1