Corsair Ax760 Psu Noise

Michiel

Hi everyone,

About a month ago I bought a Ax 760 Psu. A few days ago i noticed a high pitch "beep" coming from my case and I think it is coming from my Psu.

Does anyone know some things I can try before contacting corsair about it, so that I don't need to RMA the Psu or something?

Thanks in advance.

They all do it. I've had 2 AX760's both with a high pitched whine, nothing fixed it. Corsair where pretty helpful, getting a ax760i as a replacement.

Sounds like coil wine, remedy wise there isn't much that can be done but sometimes it may just stop or get less over time. Your best bet is to bring it up with corsair's customer service.

If Corsair's warranty doesn't cover it, you can try to locate the coil in question and put a little bit of hot glue on the coil. That will stop high frequency vibrating that creates the whine. No doubt this will void the warranty though so contact Corsair for assistance before you resort to that :P

RMAing might just get you a PSU with the same problem. There seems to be a few people on the net with the same issue, my replacement AX760 had the same problem and they are sending me a 760i (would of rathered the non i version but not with this noise), which IMO is somewhat an admission of fault by Corsair.

I got the same thing but with the HX 650 getting it RMAed they are so shit for RMA at least for me i had to pay 65$ to ship it to them becaus the pre-paied label that sent me only works for shipping in Australia i dis like them a lot now

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)