help me on this one..need advice quick

SouthBi4ch
Go to solution Solved by Misinthe,
1 hour ago, SouthBi4ch said:

so i got myself a really dear friend of mine buying an evga 1070 sc from usa...since i live across the ocean,in europe,will he be able to bring the gpu without any harm taken to it?is there any problem for an international flight if he takes it in the hand luggage?and what about the luggage in the back of the plane?do you guys have any experience with this kind of stuff? i need an advice really quick...i might aswell buy it from here even tho in usa its with 200 dollars cheaper but avoid any damage

I fly like 2 times a year to my home country from the USA, I usually bring something back for my family members, I don't think they will give him a hard time with it in the carry on, but he will have to take it out for the TSA check and depending on the box it might not even fit in his, what I usually do is put the things in the back of the plane, I put 1 or 2 layers of clothes, then the items and the more clothes, I've taken glass things, some Wii, Xbox, laptops, no problems, just make sure he puts the clothes around for protection. Taxes depends on your country and if he declares it or not, I never declare my items and they never check so I don't usually pay taxes for them. 

Edit: sometimes they open the luggage in the US if they see anything weird that they don't know what it is, I've had that twice and they never stole anything, I had the Xbox one time and 2 laptops the other time, so I wouldn't worry about that either. 

so i got myself a really dear friend of mine buying an evga 1070 sc from usa...since i live across the ocean,in europe,will he be able to bring the gpu without any harm taken to it?is there any problem for an international flight if he takes it in the hand luggage?and what about the luggage in the back of the plane?do you guys have any experience with this kind of stuff? i need an advice really quick...i might aswell buy it from here even tho in usa its with 200 dollars cheaper but avoid any damage

I do not work as a TSA officer or anything, but I would think that as long as you explain to them what it is before they scan your luggage you should be good. If you don't mention it they might think it is a bomb or something lol.

My legit rig:

CPU: i5 6600k GPU: Asus Strix 1070 RAM: 16 GB of Corsair LPX CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Motherboard:  Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Storage: Adata Sp550 120 GB and WD Black 3 TB Case: NZXT Manta Power Supply: EVGA 550 GS Monitors: 2 LG 25UM58-P Ultrawides Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid-i Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB

It should be fine in terms of TSA. However, you might need to pay import duties, I am unclear when it comes to european import duties.

1 hour ago, SouthBi4ch said:

I fly like 2 times a year to my home country from the USA, I usually bring something back for my family members, I don't think they will give him a hard time with it in the carry on, but he will have to take it out for the TSA check and depending on the box it might not even fit in his, what I usually do is put the things in the back of the plane, I put 1 or 2 layers of clothes, then the items and the more clothes, I've taken glass things, some Wii, Xbox, laptops, no problems, just make sure he puts the clothes around for protection. Taxes depends on your country and if he declares it or not, I never declare my items and they never check so I don't usually pay taxes for them. 

Edit: sometimes they open the luggage in the US if they see anything weird that they don't know what it is, I've had that twice and they never stole anything, I had the Xbox one time and 2 laptops the other time, so I wouldn't worry about that either. 

Edited by Miguel552

thanks for all the replyes....this has been really helpfull....much apreciated