First complete build - 4770K - v1.0 [PC Built!]

NAVIGATION

v0.1 - First build - unnamed project - Parts ordered

v0.1.1 - Some parts delivered, not a big update. Still waiting for the PSU and case!

v0.1.2 - Mlacom is bad... Case not deliverable, PSU broken (sigh)

v1.0 - Build completed and it works! [Timelapse Video included!!]

I am finally building my PC! I have posted a few threads about what to get a few weeks ago and I have ordered some components on Friday, October 11th.

Why?  You may ask: "Why do you need this?". Well the answer is that I have YouTube channel where I upload gaming videos and such. I also like gaming in general so even when I'm not recording I need a strong PC. On the side I also do a lot of video editing, not only for YouTube but also for other projects. For now I'm going to school, but I will be finishing this year, so I want to have something powerful when I'm done with school so I can put all my energy into production. The programs I mostly use are: Adobe Permiere, Sony Vegas, Adobe Flash Professional, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop. I want to start some 3D animating soon. Video files take up a lot of space so I will try to get a lot of storage. Some stuff will be brought to me on USB3.0 external HDDs too, so I need those ports also. I also enjoy series and occasionally a movie. I want all my videos to be in 720p but that is not achievable yet as my 2TB drive is already full. For example, all 10 seasons of Friends take up 224GB in 720p. 

What? I'm going to get maximum I can for my budget. It started at €1.000 but I soon figured that won't be enough if I want to get everything I want. Everyone told me to get 4770K over 8350 + capture card, so I did. For now I wont be able to afford a graphics card yet so I'm going to stick with my old Sapphire HD5750 1GB. It's not a good card, but it will have to do for a few more months, until I have enough funds to grab 280X or 7970 (whichever will be cheaper). 

When? I have already ordered my parts (except for graphics card). I will also be getting more storage after I get my GPU and more funds. I don't have a job and I'm a senior at my high school (High school for design). I get 50€ per month which I try to save all/most from. I have to wait for my items to be delivered now, which will take 2-10 days. I have used two different stores so I hope everything will be okay. I initially ordered everything from one store but they didn't have stock and had some problems with delivering those items so I ordered the same thing in a different store. I am also getting my drivers license at the moment so I keep that money separate from PC funds but if there is gonna be some money left over when I get my license, I will use that for GPU/HDDs. 

LIST OF PARTS: 

~> Green = Delivered | Plum = Waiting for part to be delivered (yellow is hard to see) | Red = Not ordered yet <~

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5GHz [€318,42]

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP [€123,22]

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB 1600MHz CL9 (2x8GB Kit) [€140,30]

HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB [€90,28]

HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB [€82,30 (pre-owned)]

HDD3: WD Red 3TB 

HDD4: WD Red 3TB 

GPU1: AMD 270X / AMD 7950 / AMD 280X / AMD 7970 [Depends on funds...]

SSD1: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB [€108,58]

PSU: Corsair CX600M 600W [€74,71] Zalman ZM600-GT [€59,85]

Case: Sharkoon T28 Red Edition [€66,50] Xigmatek Alfar [€44,14]

TOTAL SO FAR: 884,79 + 82,30 + [$GPU] + [$HDDs]

PART CHANGES!~

Apparently mlacom.si is #1 useless website on the world. I ordered the Sharkoon T28 case and CX600M and ten days later I sent them an email asking where are my components. (They said it would take maximum 10 days to deliver) They replied that their supplier doesn't even have the case yet, so they are waiting for their supplier to send them the case so they can send it to me. I do understand them being a small reseller that they can't afford to have everything on stock but not notifying me about the situation is absolutely credulous. If I weren't to send them the e-mail I'd probably never get the case or heads up about the situation. I had a few cases to chose from that were actually on stock and that weren't absolutely too expensive or complete crap. The only case that looked semi-okay was Xigmatek Alfar (black). I decided I don't want to wait for another week or two just to get my PC up and running so I just took that.

Then I was at friends house cleaning and formating his and his brothers PCs when I get a call from Mlacom (at about 5.40P.M) that the PSU I ordered is there but the box is messed up and it's most likely all broken inside. I almost flipped my beans but decided not to freak out too much. They guy then said something about a different model if I want to have it shipped the same day so I'd get it ASAP. I though they'd give me the Corsair CX600 v2 (non-modular) so I just agreed with the seller. When I come home later I found a new reseed on my e-mail, where it said they actually gave me Zalman ZM600-GT. It's still 80+ Bronze so I though Okay, I'll just have that, it can't be that bad if it's 80+ Bronze. I have stated somewhere before that I did use a generic PSU (or whatever you call a LCPower 5550 PSU....) Now I just have to wait a few more days for the thing to actually arrive so I can finally start putting the things together. 

Explanation:

CPU: I was told by most people on the forum that I should get 4770K over 8350 and capture card. I did.

MoBo: I had to chose something cheaper. I wanted something better but this seemed like the best option. I also asked forum weather I should go with MSI Gaming series motherboard but most everyone told me to stick with Gigabyte.

RAM: 16GB for video editing. Would go with something higher but it's just so expensive now-a-days. But hey.. RAM is RAM...

HDDs: I already have 2TB Barracuda at home so I though I'd just RAID another one for now and then later get 2x3TB WD Red drives. My Barracuda is already full and I don't even have half the things I want on there...

GPU: I won't be getting two GPUs because I just can't afford it. 280X/7970 should be enough for what I'm doing though.

SSD: Seemed like the best option from what I had to chose.

PSU*: Pretty basic PSU but still 80+ Bronze. I ran my last i7 machine on €30 PSU and had no problems, so I think this will be more then enough...... I hope......

Case*: I was looking for a cheap under €70 case that would have a window, cable management options and 90°c (lol not Celsius..) turned HDD bays so I can easily swap my drives. This case seems great for all of that, having 6x3.5" bays, 2x2.5" bays and I even get THREE red LED fans! This is a steal! I know that my motherboard is a bit blue, PSU and RAM a bit green and this is red, but I don't really care that much. I hope the fan LEDs will be strong enough to make it look nice. 

So I unfortunately don't have this case and PSU, but both are quite okay for now. I wont be putting my 2x2TB drives in RAID0 but will rather keep one as external (works fine with USB3.0 anyways) and will populate the remaining two HDD slots with 2x3TB WD RED drives. This case did come with two fans preinstalled so that's okay :P

I have finally received everything and put the thing together. You can see the timelapse here:

Case: Xigmatek Alfar (Black) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz | GFX: Gigabyte GTX 660Ti 2GB
Cooler: beQuiet! Shadow Rock | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate 'Barracuda' 2TB| OS: Windows 8.1 PRO (64-bit) | PSU: Zalman ZM600-GT 600W 80+ Bronze
 Screen: ASUS VS228 | Mouse: Razer Naga Molten | Headphones: Qpad QH-85 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 w/ Cherry MX Blue

Looks good, get a 7950 over a R9-270x 

bf01bf50685973eb3355206d98214032.png

Somewhere* :D

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Looks good, get a 7950 over a R9-270x 

Will have to wait and see how the prices will be.

got my little sheet ready http://i.imgur.com/sGhUXz7.png

Somewhere*  :D

I though no one would find me... I was wrong :(

Case: Xigmatek Alfar (Black) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz | GFX: Gigabyte GTX 660Ti 2GB
Cooler: beQuiet! Shadow Rock | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate 'Barracuda' 2TB| OS: Windows 8.1 PRO (64-bit) | PSU: Zalman ZM600-GT 600W 80+ Bronze
 Screen: ASUS VS228 | Mouse: Razer Naga Molten | Headphones: Qpad QH-85 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 w/ Cherry MX Blue

It will probably be more than a 7950 and it only has 2GB of RAM

On the site where I'm buying from it's currently showing 50€ less then other cards but it's unavailable for now. I will try my best to go for 7970/280X however. 

But yes 3GB Vram all the way

On the site where I'm buying from it's currently showing 50€ less then other cards but it's unavailable for now. I will try my best to go for 7970/280X however. 

But yes 3GB Vram all the way

Yes, especially if you are playing BF4

LOOKING GOOD

PC everything!

CPU-FX8350@4.2  GPU- Sapphire 7870  RAM-8Gb Corsair Vengence @1866 Case-Arc Midi R2 PSU-Rosewill Xtreme Series 850W  Hard Drive-1.5T MOBO-ASRock 970 Extreme3

Good selection of parts! I'm looking forward to see some more pics when the next update comes! :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

• 3 weeks later...

New update! I finished building my PC and it works fine, it booted up first boot-up. I only forgot to plug in the back fan, so I just plugged that in also. I screwed the PSU in wrong first, because I didn't see this case has holes on the bottom for it, so I turned it. I will post some pictures when I feel like it but until then here is the video: