H440 Insane temperatures

ghostR
Go to solution Solved by PCGuy_5960,

A R9 280x can reach 98 with any case... There is nothing to worry about... If you want, you can change the thermal compound to get better temps (preferably use Arctic MX-4)

2 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Card might not have been running at its full clock speeds before reboot. Open up the side panel to see if it helps. 

Opening the side panel, and taking off the front and dust panel will update you on the results now. The question being, if its not the case then what.

11 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Card might not have been running at its full clock speeds before reboot. Open up the side panel to see if it helps. 

Alright, so similar results with the panels off. Card did not reach 95 this time but still climbed to 84. Which is still pretty insane. Performance wise it seems to be back to normal.

8 minutes ago, ghostR said:

Alright, so similar results with the panels off. Card did not reach 95 this time but still climbed to 84. Which is still pretty insane. Performance wise it seems to be back to normal.

Seems like an improvement to the 95*C you were getting. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

18 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Seems like an improvement to the 95*C you were getting. 

yeah it is, I just threw in a strong 120mm fan at the top pulling air out of the case, will see if that helps.

Update: Alright, so I was able to get the temps back down to 83 Degrees. I am waiting on my MSi GTX 1070 to arrive and will be running tests once again. My card was sitting at 98 degrees and still working at full speed so.. just short of a kettle.