Can I replace my laptop webcam with my phone camera?

Hello guys. 

I have an Acer Aspire 5349. Like all budget laptops it has a sh*tty inbuilt webcam.

I also have an unused Xperia P phone with an 8MP camera.

Is it possible to remove the webcam and insert the phone camera into that space?

I have seen videos of how the webcam unit is a long circuit-board like thingy, different from the phone camera module.

But is it possible to just remove the central black camera module n install the phone camera there somehow?

I have no background in tinkering with electronics, so please forgive me if my question sounds stupid.

If its a ridiculous idea and it just cant be done, just tell me so that i can stop obsessing about this "Amazing" idea I had.. :)

if you want to use skype, instal Mobizen and share the mobile screen on your laptop.
You can control your mobile from laptop, type n stuff and use ur mobile camera as a webcam.

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

Physically taking the phone camera out, no
But most phones have a webcam option in the phone usb settings so you can put your phone next to your screen and use it instead

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for replying, guys!

I wanted to like integrate it directly into my laptop without software or wires... :P

But since thats not possible, I guess i'll use my time thinking of more feasible things to do.

Have a nice day! :)