Options to Outlook on W7 Pro

Go to solution Solved by Redportal,

If your determined to use a desktop based client, instead of the online version of outlook.

I would suggest you take a look at Thunderbird. It's by the same company as Firefox. It's simple and easy to use.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/

We had Mail on the desktop on our previous PC. I think it was Outlook or something called Windows Live Mail. I know its stock on Vista, but does not come on W7.

Anyways, we bought Office 2016 Home and Student for $110cdn but it doesnt have Outlook, but Home & Business has Outlook for $300.

I thought the one we bought had Outlook, but I was wrong.

I want an easy program that I can place an icon on the desktop and when its opened, all the emails come up. We have an ISP email address.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

------------------------------------

I found this

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-top-alternatives-to-microsoft-outlook/

Thunderbird rings a bell, never heard of the rest of email programs even from other searches.

If your determined to use a desktop based client, instead of the online version of outlook.

I would suggest you take a look at Thunderbird. It's by the same company as Firefox. It's simple and easy to use.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/

Connor Freebairn - ConnorFreebairn@newman.cumbria.sch.uk
IT Technician & Certified computer geek.

Well we bought Office Student & Home because it was too much of a hassle for family members to use Office online. I stumbled on dragging the file into Office online and the decision was made to buy the software. I did the shortcut onto the desktop.

I can understand, typing in yet another email address, remembering yet another password, to get into Office online, then dragging the file into Office online.

I will check out Thunderbird. Thanks.

Thunderbird works great.

It even has an automatic service for the part I hate about setting up email. All I did was enter ISP email, with its PW and a name to appear..............and Wammo it did everything else. Tested it, no difference to the previous one we had. There must be more to Business then just Outlook.

Now the MS Office code is permanently attached the motherboard.

4 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Thunderbird works great.

It even has an automatic service for the part I hate about setting up email. All I did was enter ISP email, with its PW and a name to appear..............and Wammo it did everything else. Tested it, no difference to the previous one we had. There must be more to Business then just Outlook.

Now the MS Office code is permanently attached the motherboard.

Glad to hear Thunderbird worked out for you.

If you need to change your motherboard etc, I'm pretty sure Microsoft have the ability to reset your license key if you contact them. (I know this is the case for Windows keys)

Yeah I dunno if I want to change the motherboard, because then I need to buy a new O/S which is an extra $100cdn.
Plus a decent 1150 motherboard will be more money.

If anything I might upgrade to an i7 but I doubt it.

I had a thought, is there a way to see if this version of MS Windows 7 Pro ever had a MS Office on it.

Its a refurbished unit, and my guess is it was used by a company.

Only will ever have one GPU

Z97 is $145cdn, only gets me

Either 1 × PCIe 3.0 ×16, 2 × PCIe 3.0 ×8, or 1 × PCIe 3.0 ×8 and 2 × PCIe 3.0 ×4

Rather then my Q87 1 × PCIe 3.0 ×16

8 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Yeah I dunno if I want to change the motherboard, because then I need to buy a new O/S which is an extra $100cdn.
Plus a decent 1150 motherboard will be more money.

If anything I might upgrade to an i7 but I doubt it.

I had a thought, is there a way to see if this version of MS Windows 7 Pro ever had a MS Office on it.

Its a refurbished unit, and my guess is it was used by a company.

I would assume that the if the machine once was part of a company, it's likely been re-installed and wiped. This would have been done for security reasons, so it's unlikely there will be anyway to check.

In the unlikely event the machine wasn't re-installed you can probably find either a registry entry or possibly some left over files in the program data folder. 

Yeah I could do that.

I remember someone on VistaForum, or maybe Sevenforum being able to check, but I forget the circumstances or program (Windows or Office).