Will a 1066MHz FSB CPU work in a 800MHz socket for LGA775?

I've bought some things to cheaply upgrade my grandparents' computer. I've ordered some new RAM modules and a new processor.

4GB(2x2GB) DDR3-1333MHz PC3 10600 Non-ECC Unbuffered 240 pin Desktop Memory(RAM)

Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processor X6800 (4M Cache, 2.93 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)

The closest thing I could find to a specs sheet for an EL1850 is this one for an EL1850-20c (see the DxDiag below for reference of the actual machine in question): http://www.cnet.com/products/emachines-el1850-20c-celeron-450-2-2-ghz-3-gb-320-gb-lcd-18-5/specs/

The specs would indicate that this computer's processor has a "Data Bus Speed" of 800MHz, which doesn't tell me that the motherboard itself couldn't use 1066MHz, but then it also says that the mainboard data bus speed is also "800MHz".

I was wondering if it would be possible for the X6800 CPU to work on this motherboard, given that I've already ordered it and only just realised that LGA775s aren't all necessarily compatible.

Any help would be much appreciated.

DxDiag:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/28/2016, 16:01:48
       Machine name: *****
   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.160408-2045)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: eMachines
       System Model: EL1850
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU        E3300  @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
             Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2014MB RAM
          Page File: 2792MB used, 1233MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

IIts using the g41 express chipset, which supports up to the 1330 fsb. So it might work

If you have the cpu, id check it and it won't do any harm trying.

I might not work with that cpu as its a older chip(2006) and this system is a late lga 775 system(2009).

A e8400 should be a good bet for that system.

A cpu won't make a big difference in the speed of the pc. You much better off geting more ram and a ssd, and maybe a sandy bridge or newer cpu sometime later

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

IIts using the g41 express chipset, which supports up to the 1330 fsb. So it might work

If you have the cpu, id check it and it won't do any harm trying.

I might not work with that cpu as its a older chip(2006) and this system is a late lga 775 system(2009).

A e8400 should be a good bet for that system.

A cpu won't make a big difference in the speed of the pc. You much better off geting more ram and a ssd, and maybe a sandy bridge or newer cpu sometime later

Thanks for the info. The main reason I went for a new CPU as well was because of the fact that it is often lagging at the same time as having 100% on the CPU metre, but after the upgrade I will definitely assess whether or not it could do with a small SSD.

I hope it works when it comes, this processor was pretty powerful... 10 years ago.