Physical Computer Stores in the UK

So I am an American currently in the UK for university and I have been here many times before (at least once a year for my entire life) but I have had no need to look for or go to computer/tech stores until now.  I don't need anything right now but I would like to know what physical stores the UK has that carry an abundance of tech stuff like Best Buy or Micro Center in the US.  I have heard of Currys PC World or whatever but are there any others? Any help would be great thanks.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

Dixsons ,a lot of the supermarkets sell tech (usually in the big stores), maplins + theres a lot of odd little stores that sell tech. I will come back with some more if I think of any.

There isn't really much of a presence of PC components in retail stores, although for general tech there is more scope. Which area will you be in? 

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Just now, porina said:

There isn't really much of a presence of PC components in retail stores, although for general tech there is more scope. Which area will you be in? 

Yeah there isn't a lot of pc part stores but maplins sells the odd few GPUs, cases, fans etc

if your looking for "tech stuff" like bluetooth speakers, tvs, chromecast even ipads that sort of stuff you can find that at most tescos or alot of highstreet places like argos john lewis or as you said pc world/ curries as for pc components thats another story youll ethier have to find a shop locally for instance near me i have a independently owned one or amazon/scan.co.uk

I lurk a lot

9 minutes ago, Lewiscpullan said:

Dixsons ,a lot of the supermarkets sell tech (usually in the big stores), maplins + theres a lot of odd little stores that sell tech. I will come back with some more if I think of any.

dixisons? didnt they get bought by curries? 

I lurk a lot

9 minutes ago, porina said:

I'm going to uni in Stoke-On-Trent just south of Manchester, north of Birmingham.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

17 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

I'm going to uni in Stoke-On-Trent just south of Manchester, north of Birmingham.

Im pretty sure thats where OCUK is, Newcastle under lyme?

Linus is my fetish.

30 minutes ago, Lewiscpullan said:

i thought Dixons were bought out by pc world??

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

I usually do my shopping on overclockers.co.uk 

You can choose to pick up at their store near Staffordshire. You can check if that is near enough for you.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

In the UK you rarely buy from brick and motar stores, they are always overpriced to hell. But there is only two chain stores that I know of, so PC-World (Expect a massive price hike at this place), and Maplins, which is also expensive as hell. 

If you really need to buy anything do it online from either Aria.co.uk, overclockers.co.uk, Scan.co.uk, Ebuyer.co.uk and even amazon.  

I know there is someone in the Stoke-on-Trent area as I drive pass that way occasionally for work, and had considered dropping in. Looks like OCUK have a store very close. Aria are based in Manchester so more of a trek. I don't think the store I was thinking of was either of those though... but I don't recall who they were since 99% of my purchases are mail order, and only on a one-off cases I wanted something really urgently and considered travelling.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 hour ago, peej said:

dixisons? didnt they get bought by curries? 

I dont know there isn't one near me so I don't care the only time I go to dixons is in the airport. I know pc world bought currys or vice versa but not sure about dixons.

27 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

In the UK you rarely buy from brick and motar stores, they are always overpriced to hell. But there is only two chain stores that I know of, so PC-World (Expect a massive price hike at this place), and Maplins, which is also expensive as hell. 

If you really need to buy anything do it online from either Aria.co.uk, overclockers.co.uk, Scan.co.uk, Ebuyer.co.uk and even amazon.  

Maplins sometimes have a decent sale

On 28/08/2016 at 0:45 PM, Gamessys said:

There is probably a little store in Hanley or Stoke that might sell parts also there's pc world maybe maplins.

BTW I live close to stoke