Software? problem.

Lukard

Hey guys. Didn't know how to google this thing, so decided to ask here.

Recently I got new pc, its z77x-d3h, 3570k, 660 Ti.

Installed win8 x64, everything works fine, prime 95 running ok, all games are stable.

The problem is the any kind of video when I watch it slightly freezes randomly for 2-5 secs every half-hour or so. It's ALL video: 1080p via VLC, some youtube clips, vids in some flash players. The thing seems to be random, any ideas?

added: when the thing happens it's 2-3 freezes for half second each, with an interval of 1 sec, very strange.

Actually this doesn't sound strange at all. This happens when you are on the internet. It is actually most likely due to your internet speed not your computer. This happens to pretty much everyone, even me. If they have a really good internet then they might not have this problem.

No, it's not that kind of problem. Firstly my internet is ok.

2563097392.png

Maybe I need to clarify. It happenens to all kinds of video. It can be 1080p from my hard drive, 400p from hard drive, or any video (flash) on the web.

Yesterday I was watching a lot of video, and this slight freezes happen randomly about every half-hour to an hour.

Did you remember to install all your flash/codec/that jank? Does your chosen codec pack suck?

Can you confirm that you have this problem with Windows Media Player 64-bit (C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\)?

If you do have the same problem, than you have what is called a latency problem. While it is easy to fix a latency problem, finding the cause is the time consuming part.

Basically, a computer hardware or peripheral is causing a high level of latency.

Step 1 - Remove all peripherals of any kind from your computer, except keyboard and mouse (and monitor, of course), and speakers/headphones. Be sure to remove printer, webcam, external HDD's, and so on. Restart your computer, and see if the problem is solved. If not go to Step 2.

Step 2 - If your computer is overclock, reverse back to it's default settings. If this doesn't concern you, or did not help, go to the following step.

Step 3 - Download the latest drivers for your sound card, motherboard, SATA controller, graphic card, but don't install them yet. Uninstall your graphic card drivers, sound card, SATA controller drivers and motherboard drivers completely from Program & Features panel (aka: Add/Remove problems in old XP days) when you can, and the rest from Device Manager, and restart your computer. Once restarted, Install in order: Motherboard drivers, SATA Controller drivers, graphic card (in Nvidia driver setup, click on Advance: remove the 3D stuff, and check the box to do a clean install), and install your sound card drivers. Restart your computer.

This should solve your issue by now.

Thanks, will try.