Getting a new GPU.

So I'm tired of my GTX 470 putting out so much heat, and not getting the top performance in these newer games. I have been looking into the 600 and 700 series and have came down to 3 cards to choose from. 

The screen shot I took includes the price of the crucial Ballistix Tatical tracers, only for the 660 am I including the more expensive ram, that comes with 4 dimms, the other cheaper comes with only 2 dims, both 16GB. 

I also have a bottle neck to work with. an i7 quad core @ 4GHz. might be able to hit 4.2GHz if I'm lucky.

What I'm looking for in gaming: Mostly all high settings, with PhysX on full, also I want to turn AA on, maybe not to highest, but I want all the options. 

I'm also looking for just best performance on screen I can get, and yes I'm going into SLI later with a better CPU. Maybe like in a year or so. 

Here's the image.
CLICK FOR FULL PIC WITH RAM PRICES

AND SHIPPING

post-13194-0-05336600-1381629370.jpg

Check out the new AMD cards. They're pretty good. Out of those 3, I would get the GTX 760 Windforce.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Have you looked to the AMD side? They have some pretty exciting cards coming out now. If you absolutely NEED an Nvidia card, go with the 760. AMD's 7950 is the same performance level, but cheaper and comes with free games. You can find them for as low as $180 now.

Spoiler

If you're already looking at cards close to the $250 range bump it up to the 280x and you'll be good for a long time. If not the 270x.

The 670 is very slighly better than the 760, but the price is very slightly more than the 760. Get a 670.

FX 6300 | Sapphire 7770 | G-Skill Ares 8GB | WD Blue 1TB | ASUS M5A78L-M

Tritton Kunai | Logitech Proteus Core G502 | Razer Blackwidow Tournament 

If you're already looking at cards close to the $250 range bump it up to the 280x and you'll be good for a long time. If not the 270x.

Have you looked to the AMD side? They have some pretty exciting cards coming out now. If you absolutely NEED an Nvidia card, go with the 760. AMD's 7950 is the same performance level, but cheaper and comes with free games. You can find them for as low as $180 now.

The 670 is very slighly better than the 760, but the price is very slightly more than the 760. Get a 670.

For one, I like Nvidia because of everything extra they offer, CUDA and PhysX, I can't make myself leave it. 

I could try AMD, but I wouldn't do it wit this much money to be spent. 

Is it possibly to do PhysX on a AMD card? and if so how much performance drop?

and for garden phantom, in my case, as you see in the screenshot, the 760 is cheaper in my case. what about overclocking?

from these 3, I'd go with 760, it's newer generation than 6 series, but if you can wait and add more money later, try to get 770

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

For one, I like Nvidia because of everything extra they offer, CUDA and PhysX, I can't make myself leave it. 

and for garden phantom, in my case, as you see in the screenshot, the 760 is cheaper in my case. what about overclocking?

PshyX is a joke and do you even use Cuda? OpenGL is also very useful.

disagree with you. Physx is very nice. Check this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0xRJt8rcmY

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

PhysX is nothing. Cuda is only good for rendering and Auto CAD. Look for a 280x or save up for a 770

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

disagree with you. Physx is very nice. Check this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0xRJt8rcmY

Yea but it's not even used to the point where it makes/breaks gameplay, It's just eyecandy

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

PhysX is nothing. Cuda is only good for rendering and Auto CAD. Look for a 280x or save up for a 770

Physx is nothing?! Did you even check the video I provided?

It's not like AMD cards can't render physics. CUDA is completely unhelpful if you are just gaming. CUDA is only helpful if you edit videos or 3D model in certain programs, Adobe Premiere uses OpenCL, and as far as my knowledge, most of the CC/CS6 suite. Most games are AMD optimized anyway. It's honestly worth it because you get lots more performance for the dollar but just at the expense of losing PhysX and CUDA.

Spoiler

Yea but it's not even used to the point where it makes/breaks gameplay, It's just eyecandy

well, if you don't care on curtains in game, breaking the glasses and other objects, then physx will be nothing for you, but for others and players like me, it means a lot.

If you refuse to go away from NVidia I would wait until October 15th as NVidia said price cuts are coming.  If not grab a GTX 760.  I personally recommend an R9-280X as it will beat a GTX 680/match a GTX 770 despite being far cheaper.

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

Ahh you see that's what I'm looking for. That's why I love Nvidia. The games I love to play alot have PhysX and make it very fun for me to mess around with. 

I could not imagine playing Borderlands 2 or Planetside 2, or Warframe without PhysX. 

well, if you don't care on curtains in game, breaking the glasses and other objects, then physx will be nothing for you, but for others and players like me, it means a lot.

I love cool physics effects too. but the whole proprietary BS, isn't worth it to me. I'm also an Nvidia fanboy

If you refuse to go away from NVidia I would wait until October 15th as NVidia said price cuts are coming.  If not grab a GTX 760.  I personally recommend an R9-280X as it will beat a GTX 680/match a GTX 770 despite being far cheaper.

You think I can get a 760 or 670 for under 250$ after the 15th? And where did they say that. Right now that 760 is making me drool. Huge card+ black PCB + great performance compared to my 470. 

Forgot to mention this, but I'm using a laptop that barely runs Minecraft, or even GTA SA. Gamin computers a bit dead, so whats why im doing this.

You think I can get a 760 or 670 for under 250$ after the 15th? And where did they say that. Right now that 760 is making me drool. Huge card+ black PCB + great performance compared to my 470. 

Forgot to mention this, but I'm using a laptop that barely runs Minecraft, or even GTA SA. Gamin computers a bit dead, so whats why im doing this.

We're guessing the GTX 770 will drop, the 780 should drop and the 760 might drop.  But there was a few articles about it recently.  I've personally have used the GTX 770 Windforce 3 and it's a great card indeed.

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

Get the 760 windforce and use your 470 for physx 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

$239 > $231.65, GTX 670 > GTX 760 . Overclocking will has many variables but i would imagine the 760 would overclock better because of that windforce cooler.

But as many others said look at the AMD cards too, they have much better price-to-performance ratio than nvidia cards.

FX 6300 | Sapphire 7770 | G-Skill Ares 8GB | WD Blue 1TB | ASUS M5A78L-M

Tritton Kunai | Logitech Proteus Core G502 | Razer Blackwidow Tournament 

Get the 760 windforce and use your 470 for physx 

I heard you get even less performance if you use a different card just for PhysX then just using one card for it all. Planning on the 760 for sure now. Going to overclock that as much as I can. I plan to just not use the 470, put it on the wall or something. The 470 put out so much heat, its crazy.

GTX 760 because there all mostly the same in terms of fps so you my as well get a 7-- series card because of gpu boost 2.0 and other cool features it offers 

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)