random windows 10 blue screen; rt640x64.sys ?

Go to solution Solved by Thx And Bye,

The driver points to the Realtek Ethernet Chip.

If possible, try do disable the Ethernet Chip in the BIOS and look if you are still getting the BSODs.

Should be under like Advanced and Integrated Peripherals, not sure how its called in your BIOS.

You could also try to (re)install the newest driver for your ethernet chip.

Look here for the driver:

-> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

I have been trying to pin down the cause of spontaneous blue screening that has been happening on my windows 10 desktop. After configuring proper symbol reporting in winDbg, based on the mini dump its telling me:

Probably caused by : rt640x64.sys ( rt640x64!MpProcessSGList+14 )

I Just updated my bios/uefi and am updating more drivers now. I was wondering if anyone has seen this particular flavor of blue screening before and knows anything.

board is an ASRock H81M-ITX/WiFi, CPU i7 4790, GPU R9 290x in a sapphire tipple fan

The driver points to the Realtek Ethernet Chip.

If possible, try do disable the Ethernet Chip in the BIOS and look if you are still getting the BSODs.

Should be under like Advanced and Integrated Peripherals, not sure how its called in your BIOS.

You could also try to (re)install the newest driver for your ethernet chip.

Look here for the driver:

-> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

installed the linked driver, thanks for that. Ill report back in a while if its all good.

• 1 month later...