8GB RX480 shows 4GB in Unigine Valley

Go to solution Solved by Johnmakuta,
3 hours ago, vojta.pokorny said:

Hello good people of the community,

I have run into a very strange issue today. I was testing the stability of my overclock of the RX480 Nitro+ 8GB version that I have, using Unigine Valley.

Well after the benchmark, when it showed FPS numbers and system specs, I noticed it says that the card only has 4GB of memory. See for yourselves in the attachment.

I found some similar issue where it was said that Windows shows all graphics cards with more than 4GB of memory as only 4GB, which as far as I know is true, but GPU-Z shows it has 8GB, the AMD settings software shows it has 8GB, only Unigine Valley reported a different value.

I noticed a couple days earlier there was someone else with the same issue, don't know how that went down so I'm creating my own thread.

Does anyone else with the RX480 have this issue? Is it real? Should I return the card? Or is the benchmark getting the system info from Windows?

Unigine_Valley_Benchmark_1.0_20160826_2343.html

It's not a problem with your GPU. It's a problem with Unigine

I have run into a very strange issue today. I was testing the stability of my overclock of the RX480 Nitro+ 8GB version that I have, using Unigine Valley.

Well after the benchmark, when it showed FPS numbers and system specs, I noticed it says that the card only has 4GB of memory. See for yourselves in the attachment.

I found some similar issue where it was said that Windows shows all graphics cards with more than 4GB of memory as only 4GB, which as far as I know is true, but GPU-Z shows it has 8GB, the AMD settings software shows it has 8GB, only Unigine Valley reported a different value.

I noticed a couple days earlier there was someone else with the same issue, don't know how that went down so I'm creating my own thread.

Does anyone else with the RX480 have this issue? Is it real? Should I return the card? Or is the benchmark getting the system info from Windows?

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

Unigine Valley does that for whatever reason. Its some kind of bug in Unigine valley. Dont worry about it you have the 8GB card lol a simple google search would have solved this

[CPU: 4.3 GHZ I5-4670K] [MB: Gigabyte Z87-D3H] [RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1833 MHZ (8GB)]

[GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070] [PSU: Corsair CX-750] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 2TB 7200RPM HDD / 500GB Samsung 850 EVO ] [Case: ThermalTake Chaser-MK 1]

[Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX] [Mouse: Razer DeathAdder] [Monitor: 2 x ASUS 24 INCH IPS (1440p Soon)]

Just now, Heavygun1450 said:

Unigine Valley does that for whatever reason. Its some kind of bug in Unigine valley. Dont worry about it you have the 8GB card lol a simple google search would have solved this

Tried simple google search, found very little relevant results. Maybe i don't know how to google or whatever :D

Anyway, appreciate your help with this.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

3 hours ago, vojta.pokorny said:

It's not a problem with your GPU. It's a problem with Unigine