Bad Board

Need a little help with this one. If i'm in the wrong part of the forum, or if this should be posted in another group, my bad. I have a p9x79le socket 2011, with a 4820k, was running 4.2 at 32 deg. with a air cooled system. went to upgrade ram to a new 32g kit, and got no post, tried going back to old ram, same issue, reset cmos, bios, no change. i get power on the board, and bios test lights work ok, but no post, almost like the connection between the switch and board is not there. tried jumping board pins, no change. i've been doing this 30 years and never blown a board. anything i'm missing?? x79 boards are hard to find. 

Just now, Bodookie said:

Need a little help with this one. If i'm in the wrong part of the forum, or if this should be posted in another group, my bad. I have a p9x79le socket 2011, with a 4820k, was running 4.2 at 32 deg. with a air cooled system. went to upgrade ram to a new 32g kit, and got no post, tried going back to old ram, same issue, reset cmos, bios, no change. i get power on the board, and bios test lights work ok, but no post, almost like the connection between the switch and board is not there. tried jumping board pins, no change. i've been doing this 30 years and never blown a board. anything i'm missing?? x79 boards are hard to find. 

That's very peculiar. I'd say remove everything and plug it all back in. I've had a similar issue with an older board of mine and that seemed to fix it. 

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb