GTX 1080 availability still an issue?

I'm currently looking for a GTX 1080 for a new rig build I'll be doing and I've noticed on newegg and amazon (or anywhere else) that the availability of some GTX 1080 cards have came back in stock, but some of the OC edition cards are still completely out and not even listed anymore (such as the gigabyte GTX 1080 xtreme premium pack or the EVGA gtx 1080 hybrid). Is demand still sky high for some of the OC models even after months from initial launch? Why would newegg completely remove the product page instead of listing as out of stock?

https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1080/

I went to micro center and bought one. They have 5 versions of the 1080 in stock. Or I could have went to servers like best buys and get 3 different ones. Or order from literally anywhere and get them. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

our micro center is a state away, and online store doesn't list a watercooled 1080 in stock, or even on the site. I'm actually just specifically looking for the EVGA GTX 1080 hybrid card at this point, due to being on water. It's still concerning though the site lists half the 1080 model's as out of stock even after this much time IMO.

Edit: just saw your location, our closest one is actually in Cincinnati, I'm not sure if that's the one you visited or another one.

Edited by cellsheet

Why not buy a reference 1080 from EVGA then by the hybrid kit from their website or any retailer ??

I could, but I wanted to first just see if there was any way to go this route