Did i break my cpu ?

xgn

Ok so .. brand new system. One thing i forgot. I installed the cpu before removing the plastic cover. I didnt think it would matter what order you do it in. Did i permanently damage the cpu ?

I been trying to boot the system. I cant post to bios and no fans is spinning. I have yet to try only with 1 dimm its too late for testing. But i find this very odd. I didnt plugin a hardisk yet because if i cant post to bios i cant do anything.

The label says install cpu first then remove cover. But i read that this could damage it. I will do some testing tommorow. But not even 1 fan is running that is troublesome. But the motherboard lights up. Thats the only signal i get.

2 minutes ago, xgn said:

Ok so .. brand new system. One thing i forgot. I installed the cpu before removing the plastic cover. I didnt think it would matter what order you do it in. Did i permanently damage the cpu ?

I been trying to boot the system. I cant post to bios and no fans is spinning. I have yet to try only with 1 dimm its too late for testing. But i find this very odd. I didnt plugin a hardisk yet because if i cant post to bios i cant do anything.

The label says install cpu first then remove cover. But i read that this could damage it. I will do some testing tommorow. But not even 1 fan is running that is troublesome. But the motherboard lights up. Thats the only signal i get.

I always remove that plastic thing and have no issued, check your psu and everytihing is cable correctly

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

Linus bretty much never removes it in his videos, and it just pops out. If you're that concerned, just pull the CPU from the socket and check the pins yourself. If you aren't even getting fans to spin up, and you aren't getting a beep code, I'd be more inclined to believe the issue has either to do with power delivery, or the motherboard.

You've got your 24 pin and 4 pin CPU connectors plugged in, and the PSU switch is in the on position? Arrows line up on the CPU and socket?

this should not have any effect on the CPU. it is even recommended in a lot of Linus' vids to let the cover pop off by pressure from closing the hatch on the CPU with the cover still on. 

i would double check your cables, see if you didn't forget any of them then check if maybe the PSU is dead. check each and every component before checking the CPU. i find it highly unlikely the CPU can be damaged this way.

3 minutes ago, SageOfSpice said:

Linus bretty much never removes it in his videos, and it just pops out. If you're that concerned, just pull the CPU from the socket and check the pins yourself. If you aren't even getting fans to spin up, and you aren't getting a beep code, I'd be more inclined to believe the issue has either to do with power delivery, or the motherboard.

You've got your 24 pin and 4 pin CPU connectors plugged in, and the PSU switch is in the on position?

Yes all those is connected in both ends. Im slightly puzzled about the actual standby connector. I think i got it right. I tried different positions.

so what is left to try is to start with 1 dimm. I cant think of anything else at this point. Everything is new.

I got it plugged in with power off. So it may discharge any static electrisity. If any. If parts were not compatible atleast fans would spin right? Not even that happen.

There are lights on the pci levers thats about it. I will try more tommorow.

4 minutes ago, xgn said:

Yes all those is connected in both ends. Im slightly puzzled about the actual standby connector. I think i got it right. I tried different positions.

so what is left to try is to start with 1 dimm. I cant think of anything else at this point. Everything is new.

I got it plugged in with power off. So it may discharge any static electrisity. If any. If parts were not compatible atleast fans would spin right? Not even that happen.

Could you take some pictures? Also what are your specs? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

23 minutes ago, xgn said:

Double check that the power button for the case is hooked up correctly.

If you aren't shorting the right pins, it'll never turn on.

7 hours ago, SageOfSpice said:

Double check that the power button for the case is hooked up correctly.

If you aren't shorting the right pins, it'll never turn on.

I put it like it says in the manual. But also the pled dosen't work. The problem could be the case. Too bad there is no poweron button the mobo.

You have installed a cooler right? 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

You have installed a cooler right? 

I have installed everything except the hardisk.

2 minutes ago, xgn said:

I have installed everything except the hardisk.

Have you installed the motherboard speaker? It usually comes with the case... 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Have you installed the motherboard speaker? It usually comes with the case... 

No because i dont want to listen to beeps  is it nessesary?

2 minutes ago, xgn said:

No because i dont want to listen to beeps  is it nessesary?

Install it so that you can troubleshoot and then remove it... Tell us how many times it beeps and which motherboard you have... 

Install it so that you can troubleshoot and then remove it... Tell us how many times it beeps and which motherboard you have... 

The motherboard is asus x99-e  I put in the speaker now and nothing happens.

8 minutes ago, xgn said:

The motherboard is asus x99-e  I put in the speaker now and nothing happens.

Did you plug it in the right way? 

6 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Did you put it in the right way? 

Yep defently. Tried both ways too. Sometimes when i hit the powerbutton there is a click and it goes silent. Only right after i turn on the psu.

But there is no lights on the powerbutton either.

3 minutes ago, xgn said:

Yep defently. Tried both ways too. Sometimes when i hit the powerbutton there is a click and it goes silent. Only right after i turn on the psu.

But there is no lights on the powerbutton either.

Can you send us a picture of the Motherboard area? 

5 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Can you send us a picture of the Motherboard area? 

What area you mean the pins ?

1 minute ago, xgn said:

What area you mean the pins ?

Of the entire motherboard I meant.... It was poorly phrased... :(

5 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Of the entire motherboard I meant.... It was poorly phrased... :(

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

7 minutes ago, xgn said:

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

Hmm, did you plug in your RAM in DIMMs A1,B1 etc....? And make sure to line up the notch, as the RAM can click without being properly inserted (I had done that and I inserted one stick upside down....)