Does anyone know any good job hunting agencies in Canada?

Fenrir The Gray

Hey guys, does anyone know any good "job hunting" agencies in Canada?

My family has been looking into immigrating to Canada. My father, who is a sheet metal worker and a welder, is looking for a good job hunting agency that would deal with finding him a job and dealing with his permanent residence status. I will be coming after him, but only after I get my EE college diploma. For now I'm trying to help him find a good agency, however these days I cannot be certain what is a real agency and what is just another scam.
I've tried to find Canadian Ministry of Labor's e-mail address to ask them the same question, however I was unsuccessful at that.

Can you guys help?

3 hours ago, Chola said:

Hey guys, does anyone know any good "job hunting" agencies in Canada?

My family has been looking into immigrating to Canada. My father, who is a sheet metal worker and a welder, is looking for a good job hunting agency that would deal with finding him a job and dealing with his permanent residence status. I will be coming after him, but only after I get my EE college diploma. For now I'm trying to help him find a good agency, however these days I cannot be certain what is a real agency and what is just another scam.
I've tried to find Canadian Ministry of Labor's e-mail address to ask them the same question, however I was unsuccessful at that.

Can you guys help?

Depends on what cities you're looking at. There aren't too many national job placement agencies. Most end up being regional, since the job market and economy can be vastly different Province to Province.

One popular agency in Ontario is The Employment Agency.

http://theagencyemployment.com/

It's mostly factory work and other manual labour, and some of it is only temp work, but they're not a bad place to start.

The government also keeps a Job Board, but that's simply a place to look for job ads, and you don't get any assistance through the process.

There are several non-profit companies that assist in these kinds of measures, including the YMCA, which is like a combination workout gym and social services company.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

48 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Depends on what cities you're looking at. There aren't too many national job placement agencies. Most end up being regional, since the job market and economy can be vastly different Province to Province.

One popular agency in Ontario is The Employment Agency.

http://theagencyemployment.com/

It's mostly factory work and other manual labour, and some of it is only temp work, but they're not a bad place to start.

The government also keeps a Job Board, but that's simply a place to look for job ads, and you don't get any assistance through the process.

There are several non-profit companies that assist in these kinds of measures, including the YMCA, which is like a combination workout gym and social services company.

Well regions he is looking at are Ontario and BC. So the one you gave me is an instant match. Thank you for the info :)

1 minute ago, Chola said:

Well regions he is looking at are Ontario and BC. So the one you gave me is an instant match. Thank you for the info :)

I would also google "Canada Job Placement agencies", along with "BC" and "Ontario" instead of Canada as well.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)