windows 8.1 ?? ?

acepro71

I know

Windows 8.1 Preview is available for free download

do u think its worth it Release date is : 10/18/2013 ?

i already have windows 8 *64 bit * but it crashes my system if i update and some of my usb ports doesn’t work on it

while everything works perfect on Ubuntu ....

what do u guys think about windows 8.1 ?

Microsoft is giving  free update to Windows 8.1 starting on October 17 for windows 8 users

but i can not update as my internet is very slow ill rather buy the disk ...

http://imgur.com/5zkkCnj

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

Windows 7 works, so 8 can sod off

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Windows 7 works, so 8 can sod off

I'd be using 7, but 8 is the only one that'll support directx 11.1 & 11.2. It's all right though, my 8 is heavily modded to look and act like windows 7.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

I'd be using 7, but 8 is the only one that'll support directx 11.1 & 11.2. It's all right though, my 8 is heavily modded to look and act like windows 7.

why would u want windows 8 to look like 7 ?

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

I know

i already have windows 8 *64 bit * but it crashes my system if i update and some of my usb ports doesn’t work on it

Microsoft is giving  free update to Windows 8.1 starting on October 17 for windows 8 users

You'll probably be able to buy a Windows 8.1 disc somewhere when it's released for like £5 which is all you'll need since you already have 8. The update won't be THAT big, the ISO's now are around 3GB but that's because they're full OS ISO's, if you already have Windows 8 the actual update that will come through Windows Updates will be much smaller. 

I've tried 8.1 Preview and it was good, can't really say anything else about it because it's a preview...

not everyone need useless user interface. for me windows7 fits my usage perfectly but windows8 is soo messed up that i wont use it without windows7 transformation package

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Because windows 8 looks like ass. It doesn't even have windows aero, terrible.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

So far 8.1 hasn't really changed much in my day to day. It is nice to have my backgrounds on the start menu, but meh. Also, I find the boot times longer if you force it to boot to desktop, so I just boot to start and click on whatever I want to use first (because, yes, it IS still easier to speed click huge squares w/ a mouse at 8200 dpi than small bars in a menu) and it goes to desktop anyway.

I used 8.1 on my laptop and atleast for me it was a huge pile of crap.. only major changes you'll notice: is like RaphYkun said you can change the background, you have the start button (wich does absolutley nothing besides taking you to MODERN-UI),and a fitness app wich again is quite useless.

It only manages so screw up performance, because if anything my pc was laggier and stuttier(stuttering) and a useless piece of cables,microchips and solder, so i reverted to for a laptop useful win8.

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

I'm gonna wait for the official release of 8.1 (I think it's october 17th?) . But I am pretty happy with win 8 64bit-just added the shell start. I love the copying system and task manager...and boot times. 

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

well it looks like ass i agree but its not bad if ur bored from windows 7 looks like me ...

Ok, so enough with people bashing something they haven't even looked at screen shots of, and let's be on topic.

I know

Windows 8.1 is coming in a few days. If you get the Preview now, you won't be able to upgrade to the final, so that means you'll need to format and re-install everything once again.

Windows 8 runs well on all systems. You probably have a driver conflicts, or missing drivers (or using Windows generic drivers), or your BIOS/UEFI isn't updated.

Very important to check those. Driver conflicts are a pain to fix. The easiest, and fastest way, is to clean install. As you'll be getting 8.1, which will be an upgrade. I would look into clean install Windows 8, and before jumping installing your drivers. See how it works. Does it work better than before? If so, install Windows update first (without installing drivers), see how that goes. When done, install and reboot, 1 driver at a time.

Ok, so enough with people bashing something they haven't even looked at screen shots, let me on topic.

Windows 8.1 is coming in a few days. If you get the Preview now, you won't be able to upgrade to the final, so that means you'll need to format and re-install everything once again.

Windows 8 runs well on all systems. You probably have a driver conflicts, or missing drivers (or using Windows generic drivers), or your BIOS/UEFI isn't updated.

Very important to check those. Driver conflicts are a pain to fix. The easiest, and fastest, is to clean install. As you'll be getting 8.1, which will be an upgrade. I would look into clean install Windows 8, and before jumping installing your drivers. See how it works. Does it work better than before? If so, install Windows update first (without installing drivers), see how that goes. When done, install and reboot, 1 driver at a time.

thank u ill try that

Not officially.  B) Windows 8.1 + StartIsBack + Aero Glass mod = pleasant Windows 8 experience for me.

You can already download Windows 8.1 RTM if you have a MDSN/Technet/DreamSpark account or by "other means", heh. I've been running Windows 8.1 RTM since it's been released on Technet and I have no complaints whatsoever. The OP's problem sounds possibly driver-related to me.

Actually 8.1 RTM has a lot of problems, because the entire online system isn't working.. well it's almost done now.

It will be up and running officially when 8.1 will be officially out