m40x vs clouds

BishopGM

I know that these 2 dont compare so dont hate

just tell me your opinion....1st of all i dont need the mic of the clouds so comparing the headphones alone

the m40x are superior but i play lots of games so i prioritise gaming over my music .....so are the m40x good at this section or should i go with the clouds?

Are those 2 the only choice that you have?

Or can you give a budget and location so that we can recommend something else?

6 minutes ago, BishopGM said:

I know that these 2 dont compare so dont hate

just tell me your opinion....1st of all i dont need the mic of the clouds so comparing the headphones alone

the m40x are superior but i play lots of games so i prioritise gaming over my music .....so are the m40x good at this section or should i go with the clouds?

I'd go cloud, have had them for over a year now and no problems whatsoever but if you get cloud 2's get a cable instead of the usb dongle dac

3 minutes ago, Ichi said:

Are those 2 the only choice that you have?

Or can you give a budget and location so that we can recommend something else?

greece is the location and about 100 euro is the budget.........i just tought that these were my best options

1 minute ago, Crunken said:

I'd go cloud, have had them for over a year now and no problems whatsoever but if you get cloud 2's get a cable instead of the usb dongle dac

yy ive heard that the usb dongle fucks up

If you don't need a mic, there's no reason to consider the Clouds. The M40X is one of the best headphones in its price category.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

if you dont need a mic never buy a gaming headset

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2 minutes ago, BishopGM said:

yy ive heard that the usb dongle fucks up

I've got the cloud 2s and their pretty good. I also use the dongle since it carries both the audio and mic due to the 3.5 jack being 4 way. I hooked them to my headphone jack and they sound better than the thing but I cant use a mic, which is needed. I know I should start a new thread but any one know of a good headset splitter that would has some length to is as the stand alone cord is pretty short unless using the DAC? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

6 minutes ago, BishopGM said:

greece is the location and about 100 euro is the budget.........i just tought that these were my best options

Guess you can take the m40x if you don't need a mic.

It is on the audio board recommended gear, you can't go wrong with SSL choices.

Just now, Ichi said:

Guess you can take the m40x if you don't need a mic.

It is on the audio board recommended gear, you can't go wrong with SSL choices.

ok ^_^

Well if you play a lot of FPS games don't get the M40x, they have no soundstage at all

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Well if you play a lot of FPS games don't get the M40x, they have no soundstage at all

basically from fps i play only csgo so if the m40x are far as the guys say i will go for them

1 minute ago, BishopGM said:

basically from fps i play only csgo so if the m40x are far as the guys say i will go for them

they are decent for the price, I would much rather have the DT 770, but that is personal preference (mostly)

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

they are decent for the price, I would much rather have the DT 770, but that is personal preference (mostly)

i will give them a look