Movie and TV downloads

bloodstrike11

Where can I legally download recently released movies and TV shows on Windows. I don't mind paying per download or paying a monthly fee.

i7-5930K@4.7Ghz | Asus X99-E-WS/USB 3.1 | Corsair Vengance 32GB DDR4@2666Mhz | Duo Gigabyte GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming | Samsung 950Pro 512GB | LSI 9260-8i RAID Card | 6x 1TB Samsung 850 Pro (RAID5) | Corsair AX1200i |  Fractal Design Defiine R5 Black | MetaDot DasKeyboard4 Professional | Logitech G900 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Asus PG348Q

Only thing I can think of is iTunes but you'd still have to wait and a lot of people hate iTunes but it works.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

Windows 10 Movies and TV.....

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

14 minutes ago, bloodstrike11 said:

Where can I legally download recently released movies and TV shows on Windows. I don't mind paying per download or paying a monthly fee.

Legally, you've got quite a few options to license content from:

• iTunes (music can be converted, videos are DRM locked to iDevices ONLY)
  • Google Play Movies, Google Play Music (not sure if/how the DRM works)
  • Whatever offering Microsoft has these days... Zune Video, right? :D
  • Netflix, Hulu, H[o]BOGo, Vudu, Crackle, Spotify, CraveTV, Shomi, etc. (streaming only)
  • Disney, BestBuy, Movie Theatres, etc. offer some kind of digital download service if I recall?

As for whether or not your service of choice actually has the content you wish to license, well, that's a whole other question.

This is actually the main reason I still acquire content using legal grey-area methods - for example, downloading a show instead of PVR'ing it.

I happily pay for Spotify, Netflix, and have a Cable subscription with currently airing shows and re-runs available to me.

We do not, however, have a PVR/DVR and we have zero desire to pay our cable provider more money for something my PC should be capable of.

So, when we miss a currently airing show or re-run as it's broadcast live, I opt to 'illegally' download and watch it in order to follow the story.

As far as I'm concerned, it's the same thing as if I were to hookup an HDMI recorder between the cable box and our TV, or CAM the show on-screen.

I'd be more than happy to legally watch it through Netflix or on-demand at no extra charge through my cable provider.

Unfortunately, cable providers see streaming services as a threat and thus have invented their own streaming channels as other revenue streams.

While I understand cable providers needing profits, I'm not paying for a plethora of different streaming services, each with their own content libraries.

Online streaming services are an alternative to cable's annoyingly complicated and expensive packages and channel lineup.

Exclusive content on specific streaming networks is creating the exact same problem video streaming was meant to solve.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

On 8/22/2016 at 10:47 PM, bloodstrike11 said:

iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, VUDU, Im sure there are many more. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.