Specifications:-

CASE: HEX GEAR R40
CPU: Intel Pentium G5420 
MOBO: MSI B150M Mortar ARCTIC 
GPU: MSI GTX1070 
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 16GB
PSU: SuperFlower LEADEX Gold 750W
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint M8 1TB 2.5" 

Full Alphacool watercooling components throughout. [waterblocks, radiators, fittings]
Phobya Bionic ELOOP fans [120mm]

Custom Overwatch 240mm and 360mm fan grills in white acrylic
Full custom made cables by PEXON 

This build was inspired from the great response from Vault 111/ fallout 4 themed rig we made for i55 last year. I wanted to make an Overwatch themed project for i58. The only case for the job was the r40. The shape, layout and obviously, hex cuts work perfectly for the theme. Orange and white will be the main colours for rig and the accents will be silver// stainless. 

Thank you to OVERCLOCKERS and SuperFlower for providing another PSU. This time around we have a white (sex) 750W GOLD rated LEADEX unit 

dwzF004.jpg

c9SoonQ.jpg

NTTXt7u.jpg

Obvious reason for the LEADEX is for the 9x universal connectors. As I am only using 1 gpu and 1 cpu cable, I have 7 other connectors left for periperhals/ LEDs/ pumps etc and they will be directly wired into the PSU. 

6SdSpBo.jpg

Thank you to MSI for supplying the rock solid B150M Mortar motherboard, as featured in the Fallout 4 build, but this time around we have it in an amazing white// camo styling

LPOna6C.jpg

hbvxJWi.jpg

tLUHY9W.jpg

612wCFp.jpg

RAM used is Crucial Ballistix Sport to go with the white theme. 16GB kit in 4x4gb for a full bank. 

yy3tLdW.jpg

pG9S1M8.jpg

Cabling will be done in Teleios Orange and Fusion Carbon (clear // black) sleeving with orange connectors and white cable combs from E22

9EFuBk0.jpg

eTjq6Nw.jpg

GPU will be an MSI GTX 1070 FE 

TUNAW4I.jpg

wf7ZarL.jpg

Its a shame to be watercooling the GPU, that stock cooler is gorgeous 

AZNf5KU.jpg

wqSxEBU.jpg

3yMtvGo.jpg

Something cheap and dirty to get the rig show ready as time is against us before LAN...

qSuMt8m.jpg

... CPU will be upgraded soon 

Sprayed up the CPU mounting block with Montana GOLD white spray after sanding off all the powder coating, degreasing and priming

5sLsdTP.jpg

Whats this gonna be then? 

yjvEFxu.jpg

Stainless overbraid on the 16mm x 10mmm tubing; something different as hardline just doesn't do it for me, sorry! :P

3sFkSVr.jpg

Now. I thought this was going to be a breeze. Oh how wrong I was. Stainless is a PITA to work with. I've welded it before, its a pain. Cutting it with a chop saw takes ages, its a pig to work with but it looks balla. The tubing is cut to size, the stainless overbraid is threaded on to the tubing. Now, you need to cut excess. ànd apply tape to the ends. The collars// compression rings must be applied before cutting as seen later. I found that using a deburring tool on the collar helps so much. I use a 'shaviv' branded tool and it works a treat. 

The stainless steel overbraid is cut with dremel cut off wheel. Slow speed, patience and good quality blades are a must. 

PTFE tape on the thread stops anything gunking up, the braid fouling or flash getting stuck. 

esl61CA.jpg

Prepare for GNARLY fingers and no finger prints trying to get the braid on without stabbing yourself. Again, taking my time helped, patience is a virtue. You HAVE to  hold the fitting and not the tubing, if you move the tubing, you will get pulls, frays and the tubing will slip and cause bumpy bits and just look narstie with crossed braid. 

e9zrwBz.jpg

i3zijR2.jpg

Also made up a nifty little LED strip with some extruded aluminium profile and clear// trans diffuser. Cool white LEDs are going to suit this best. Orange will bleach too much. 

THfLlJQ.jpg

6O016hK.jpg

The PSU shroud got a lovely coat of HAMMERITE, yup, hammerite. Silver hammered finish. 

41i6cGX.jpg

I also knocked up a lovely IEC C13 cable with a sturdy 3 pin orange plug and Arctic Grade 1mm SY cable (3 core). 

[imghttp://i.imgur.com/t5ovmd6.jpg[/img]

I will leave it here for today... 

qSCODTI.jpg

Thank you for looking 

//PEXON

/ / 6G V2 - MX Black / Choc Mini - MX Blue / HHKB Pro 2 (Anthracite) - Lubed and dental modded / Poker 2 - MX Black / Dell AT101W / Filco TKL(Beige) - MX Black / Filco TKL(Black) - MX Brown / V60- MX Red / V80 - MX Brown / Winkeyless B.Mini / RS84 / / 

@pexonpcs

24 minutes ago, pexon said:

-snip-

I know This is hate but doesnt it seem stupid to watercool a 50£ cpu?

Edited by colonel_mortis
Removed quoted images
  • CPU: AMD athlon  860k
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A58M-HD2
  • RAM:2x4gb HyperX Fury
  • GPU: XFX R9 380 4gb
  • Case: NXZT S340
  • PSU: EVGA 650G
  • Display: BenQ GL2460HM
  • Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo
  • Keyboard: Corsair k60 
  • Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300 (white
  • Sound Logitech g430
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

•  

Dont quote the images dude! 

CPU is just to get it ready for the show, as per OP will be updated soon 

/ / 6G V2 - MX Black / Choc Mini - MX Blue / HHKB Pro 2 (Anthracite) - Lubed and dental modded / Poker 2 - MX Black / Dell AT101W / Filco TKL(Beige) - MX Black / Filco TKL(Black) - MX Brown / V60- MX Red / V80 - MX Brown / Winkeyless B.Mini / RS84 / / 

@pexonpcs

Thats kinda cool...

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

Oh shit, I love seeing hexgear cases. @p0Pe

That's really creative tubing choice, I love the aesthetic it creates. 

ASU

Thanks dude :) The overbraid is now done on the tubing, so I will update tonight :)

@pexonpcs

8 minutes ago, Yahtadi said:

Dat CPU, is that part of experimental things to do?

It says cpu to be upgraded soon

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

13 hours ago, pexon said:

Thanks dude :) The overbraid is now done on the tubing, so I will update tonight :)

Nice work!, i love that b150 mortar arctic!

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Bit of a jump forward, but, it has to be done before LAN, so here goes... 

The rear panel is finished, bar 2 molex cables and 1 SATA power cable that I will be making up tomorrow, nice and clean 

n0ryMbV.jpg

dz0csFW.jpg

Waterblock and backplate fitted and installed, look pretty good actually. If I had time, I would have done them orange, silver or white, but times against us 

HpUdSja.jpg

qH5D1Eq.jpg

g0RBB11.jpg

fZICgg3.jpg

Shhh... dont tell. I ordered a right angled IEC connector, not a left, so I had to remake it :3

bTEpHsd.jpg

eRcI93u.jpg

Also, have a little logo sticker on silver vinyl schemed up . Mercy outline in chrome effect with the overwatch logo. Same goes for the top rad sticker, with all the champ related origin flags. White will be swapped for silver on the background, I think that is going to look sweet! 

2yQGq45.jpg

WGnybbc.jpg

Thats all for now folks! Nearly done! 

Qh6l0Sq.jpg

@pexonpcs

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates. I managed to get it all done for LAN. I am planning final pics and possibly a video as we did with the Fallout build. Now time to start thinking about the next build? Thoughts? I reallllly want to do a build in a Lian Li again, something super clean and simple 

The builds cables all finished up in orange and carbon fusion Teleios. As there weren't many fans, I decided to knock up some splitters and pop them behind the blanking panels 

ym6Drvi.jpg

T6v0oKg.jpg

Some black cable ties blended in well, so I didn't use the stainless steel ones, perhaps another time....

Oooooooo 

29vFQwI.jpg

It DIDNT leak! :D

bfUVIYE.jpg

But you have to be sure

All tubed up and working 

3wBhp6J.jpg

The underglow from the bottom LED strip actually worked well, I was dubious, but the lack of light from the top allows you to see the flags on the top rad and is just enough without being to OTT

0xDhReU.jpg

Overwatch logo looks epic on the window panel 

uwiLo9W.jpg

vjnSzdd.jpg

5daJGaI.jpg

07OKdXr.jpg

p5dCEjo.jpg

xoI61TO.jpg

U7OLQef.jpg

Now... they are quick and dirty pics from LAN (I was trying to take photos whilst people were playing VR on the MSI stand, better pics soon)! 

Thanks for looking :)

@pexonpcs

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, long time no see, I am sorry :(

Work has gotten on top of me and I was not able to get some final, decent photos of the project, but, here we go! 

http://imgur.com/a/ynMmA // more pics here < 

NYoKgOq.jpg

L6OC6Os.jpg

jr9DAgI.jpg

L0LrMpF.jpg

uMgu73z.jpg

BJwpOhS.jpg

IiNQJ5R.jpg

XNy99hS.jpg

vOurGOa.jpg

1xPBovk.jpg

iNkjInS.jpg

LZODTiM.jpg

sXIj9TJ.jpg

LXNrPzL.jpg

lxxiMV4.jpg

Now, all I can do is thank the following for supporting PROJECT OVERWATCH, the build would not have been doable without you:-

Tom and the media guys at MSI UK who kindly displayed her on their stand at Insomnia. 
Nate at E22/ HEXGEAR for the case and continued support
The guys at Alphacool, Eddy you are a legend 
All the lads at Overclockers, Chris, Pack, Hal :x

And thank you all for looking, I hope to be back with a new build log in the next month or so. This time, not as hectic as this! 

<3 James/ pex

@pexonpcs