I have a build, what do you think?

Go to solution Solved by nobelharvards,

You bought an AIO. It will be noisier than a large air cooler, cost more and not last as long. You can turn up the fans and make it perform better than a dual tower air cooler at the cost of a LOT of noise, or make it as quiet as a dual tower air cooler with worse performance.

My advice? Get a dual tower air cooler.

You chose a 730 series Intel SSD. At $200. That is almost a dollar per gig. That is NVMe territory, and it is a SATA SSD.

Get an 850 Evo. Don't pay more than ~$0.50 per gig for a SATA SSD.

PSU is absolute shit. Get something else. Every Corsair PSU is rebranded from another company. Do your research, make sure you get a reputable PSU from a company like Seasonic.

You bought an optical drive. Sick. When was the last time you used a CD for anything? Do you actually need it? If so, alright.

You bought 3 case fans...

Spoiler

Don't buy a Deathadder unless you use palm grip AND have large hands. If you only fulfil one of these conditions, get something smaller. Try a Logitech G Pro, a Nixeus Revel or a DM1 Pro S.

that psu is an eyesore, it isnt bad but it looks really cheap compared to the rest

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

Ok, what about the rest of the build, is it okay, or does it need some reworking?

Why that intel SSD, its over priced.

Edit: Still overpriced but at amazon its $159.95

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-2-5-Inch-Internal-Solid-SSDSC2BP240G4R5/dp/B00IF4NGEU

Spoiler

CPU: i7 5930k  |  Motherboard: EVGA X99 Classified  |  RAM: 32 GB Crucial DDR4  |  GPU:  R9 290 Reference Tri-Crossfire w/Kraken g10 mod  | Case: Corsair 780t  |  Storage: Sandisk 960GB SSD, Crucial 960GB SSD, 128GB Sandisk SSD, Seagate 2TB Hard Drive, Seagate Archive Drive 8TB, HGST Deskstar 4TB  |  PSU: Rosewill Gold Lightning-1300, Display(s): Nixeus Vue 24"144Hz FreeSync, 50in TV, Yiynova MVP22U(V3) Tablet Monitor w/ Mechanical Arm  |  Cooling: Cosair H55, H105, 2*Kraken X41  |  Keyboard:  Rosewill Mechanical Brown Keyboard| Mouse: MX Master, G602  | Sound:  Sennheiser HD 700, Westone W40, SoundBlaster e5, Fiio e18

3 minutes ago, JohnnyCowboy1098 said:

Ok, what about the rest of the build, is it okay, or does it need some reworking?

Your 4K display is only 24", a bit small don't you think?

$105 in fans.

Overpriced RAM, GSkill TridentZ are cheaper and better.

Just now, JohnnyCowboy1098 said:

@iLoiterI just have seen that ssd recommended several times, and what would you suggest? @stconquest How big should it be then?

Samsung 850 EVO is as fast as you need for a SATA III connection.

IDK, 4K... 32" min?  It is a personal thing.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyCowboy1098 said:

@iLoiterI just have seen that ssd recommended several times, and what would you suggest? @stconquest How big should it be then?

Cheaper and faster overall(Samsung 850 250GB)

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-850-EVO-2-5-Inch-MZ-75E250B/dp/B00OAJ412U/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1471827163&sr=1-1&keywords=240+ssd+samsung

If you want a cheaper silver colored SSD (Transcend 240 GB)

https://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Solid-State-Drive-TS240GSSD220S/dp/B01DRWWNX4/ref=sr_1_11?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1471827163&sr=1-11&keywords=240+ssd+samsung

Spoiler

CPU: i7 5930k  |  Motherboard: EVGA X99 Classified  |  RAM: 32 GB Crucial DDR4  |  GPU:  R9 290 Reference Tri-Crossfire w/Kraken g10 mod  | Case: Corsair 780t  |  Storage: Sandisk 960GB SSD, Crucial 960GB SSD, 128GB Sandisk SSD, Seagate 2TB Hard Drive, Seagate Archive Drive 8TB, HGST Deskstar 4TB  |  PSU: Rosewill Gold Lightning-1300, Display(s): Nixeus Vue 24"144Hz FreeSync, 50in TV, Yiynova MVP22U(V3) Tablet Monitor w/ Mechanical Arm  |  Cooling: Cosair H55, H105, 2*Kraken X41  |  Keyboard:  Rosewill Mechanical Brown Keyboard| Mouse: MX Master, G602  | Sound:  Sennheiser HD 700, Westone W40, SoundBlaster e5, Fiio e18

You bought an AIO. It will be noisier than a large air cooler, cost more and not last as long. You can turn up the fans and make it perform better than a dual tower air cooler at the cost of a LOT of noise, or make it as quiet as a dual tower air cooler with worse performance.

My advice? Get a dual tower air cooler.

You chose a 730 series Intel SSD. At $200. That is almost a dollar per gig. That is NVMe territory, and it is a SATA SSD.

Get an 850 Evo. Don't pay more than ~$0.50 per gig for a SATA SSD.

PSU is absolute shit. Get something else. Every Corsair PSU is rebranded from another company. Do your research, make sure you get a reputable PSU from a company like Seasonic.

You bought an optical drive. Sick. When was the last time you used a CD for anything? Do you actually need it? If so, alright.

You bought 3 case fans...

Spoiler

Don't buy a Deathadder unless you use palm grip AND have large hands. If you only fulfil one of these conditions, get something smaller. Try a Logitech G Pro, a Nixeus Revel or a DM1 Pro S.

You should probably do this ---> http://pcpartpicker.com/list/x2RQD8

Because that one saves you a lot of money, I think like about $150? Idk for sure. I didn't change much. Also, do you really think you need 3 fans on top of liquid cooling???

Go for slower ram.

2400Mhz max unless you heavy edit

Shipping sucks

Should I mention kinguin, not sure if I should..

Spoiler

@nobelharvards I'm kind of into the whole collectors edition thing, so i want to be able to download off a disc for that, the fans are supposed to look cool because i wanted to have led fans. and i will do a different psu and ssd. 

20 minutes ago, JohnnyCowboy1098 said:

@stconquestUnderstandable, any specific monitor recommendations? 

If this is a gaming PC, I would do 144Hz, 1440p, IPS... it fits within your budget.

Comparative build, fill in the extra peripherals.  If you want LED lighting, do yourself a favor and use strips.

$2373, no peripherals:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($319.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($46.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($80.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($158.06 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW DT GAMING Video Card  ($659.95 @ B&H)  <<Warranty support is king
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic EVO Edition 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($16.88 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: Asus MG279Q 27.0" 144Hz Monitor  ($559.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $2352.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-21 21:16 EDT-0400

Just now, JohnnyCowboy1098 said:

@radiosnakes the fans are just supposed to look cool, i wanted to replace the stock fans with led ones. and thanks

Fair enough. I never really thought to use fans no make it look cool... I think I'll try that in my first gaming desktop! ----> (http://pcpartpicker.com/list/w7Xxcc)

@radiosnakes I would recommend Western Digital for your hard drive and do a non-corsair psu, as you can see above they are simply rebranded versions of other companies, i recommend evga for a power supply. Also, if your not sure about compatibility, check the youtube channel "Awesomesauce Network" 's video about computer part compatibility. I'm guessing you have about a $2000 budget. I think you could squeeze these higher performance parts into that.

6 minutes ago, JohnnyCowboy1098 said:

@radiosnakes I would recommend Western Digital for your hard drive and do a non-corsair psu, as you can see above they are simply rebranded versions of other companies, i recommend evga for a power supply. Also, if your not sure about compatibility, check the youtube channel "Awesomesauce Network" 's video about computer part compatibility. I'm guessing you have about a $2000 budget. I think you could squeeze these higher performance parts into that.

EVGA does not make their power supplies either.

Grab the Seasonic EVO 750W.  Fully modular, plenty of power for SLI in the future:  http://pcpartpicker.com/product/zTdqqs/seasonic-power-supply-ss750am2

Want power for just the one GTX 1080?  http://pcpartpicker.com/product/qYTrxr/evga-power-supply-220g20550y1

The EVGA G2 550W PSU above is made by Superflower.  Good unit.

@stconquest What cables should i get since it's modular. I'm going to get them from cablemod. Also, i want internal lighting, where should i get that?